Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet, after 11 years of being a member, and 142 posts in that time, you feel compelled to come on and defend him ? Riiiight ;-).
Oh come on. I'm not defending him ffs.

He did have his fair share of criticism on Alexis Sánchez, Dani Alves and CAS verdict. But in the Sánchez and Alves case, even the club bosses included Pep was blindsided. So can we blame him for that...? I don't. On the other hand regarding CAS and sometimes subtle/not so subtle dig on our Club, he gets the criticism which is fully justified.

Remember few season ago, when he reported in the Athletic that 5/6 players were unhappy notably Ilkay, Bernardo and Laporte and they want to leave. Everyone was calling for his head. Then eventually Pep confirmed this was indeed the case.

In the Grealish transfer case, when lots of journalists were saying he's not coming here. But Sam Lee double down every-time on his initial view which was vindicated in the end.

This year his views on Mahrez and Kyle was more or less accurate.

I know, he's not the goto guy from the club's point of view like Jack Gaughan or Martin Blackburn or Simon Mullock (to some lesser extent), but i believe he has some good source in the club most probably players or players agent.

I don’t think he changed his mind at all. I think he was undecided and was happy to listen to what Bayern had to say but ultimately when push came to shove he knew where his bread was buttered.
He also said in a podcast last week that Bayern felt Kyle wasn’t 100% committed to the yes he had given them. Pep basically confirmed that they were in talks with Bayern over a fee also during pre-season so he obviously had given them some sort of positive indication for it to get to the stage of club negotiations. He’s been offered a better contract and probably been given assurances by pep he’s still very much in his plans- preference was probably always to stay at city but he maybe just had doubts as to where he fit in

But but but Sam Lee is a Rag...
Oh come on. I'm not defending him ffs.

He did have his fair share of criticism on Alexis Sánchez, Dani Alves and CAS verdict. But in the Sánchez and Alves case, even the club bosses included Pep was blindsided. So can we blame him for that...? I don't. On the other hand regarding CAS and sometimes subtle/not so subtle dig on our Club, he gets the criticism which is fully justified.

Remember few season ago, when he reported in the Athletic that 5/6 players were unhappy notably Ilkay, Bernardo and Laporte and they want to leave. Everyone was calling for his head. Then eventually Pep confirmed this was indeed the case.

In the Grealish transfer case, when lots of journalists were saying he's not coming here. But Sam Lee double down every-time on his initial view which was vindicated in the end.

This year his views on Mahrez and Kyle was more or less accurate.

I know, he's not the goto guy from the club's point of view like Jack Gaughan or Martin Blackburn or Simon Mullock (to some lesser extent), but i believe he has some good source in the club most probably players or players agent.
For someone not defending him that's some long post!

Anytime I think Lee might not be as much of a twat as I thought I remember this..

This was his single biggest fuck up, and (in my view) the moment that a lot of City fans turned against him.

Up til the whole UEFA/CAS debacle, most City fans seemed happy to give him the benefit of the doubt - even though he’s a Rag.

Stuart Brennan was largely respected and even applauded for his reporting on City, and fans seemed willing to engage with Sam reasonably positively too.

But then he openly started courting the client ‘journalist’ group, and his tone inevitably changed. Leading to suspicions that perhaps he was getting paid to push outright lies and lazy, racist tropes about the Club and our owners too.

And from that point, it seemed to me any good will and credibility he had built up evaporated in an instant.

Shame for him given its probably made his job more difficult - but not one I’ll be losing any sleep over.

In some ways I hope the client journalists did manage to get him on the payroll, as otherwise he’s been very naive in openly allowing himself to be used by them - and having his credibility trashed in the process - to no apparent benefit.

This was his single biggest fuck up, and (in my view) the moment that a lot of City fans turned against him.

Up til the whole UEFA/CAS debacle, most City fans seemed happy to give him the benefit of the doubt - even though he’s a Rag.

Stuart Brennan was largely respected for his reporting on City, and fans seemed willing to engage with Sam reasonably positively.

But then he openly started courting the client ‘journalist’ group, and his tone inevitably changed. Leading to suspicions that perhaps he was being paid to push outright lies and lazy, racist tropes about the Club and our owners too.

And from that point, it seemed to me any good will and credibility he had built up disappeared in an instant.

Shame for him given its probably made his job more difficult - but not one I’ll be losing any sleep over.

In some ways I hope the client journalists did manage to get him on the payroll, as otherwise he’s been very naive in openly allowing himself to be used by them - and having his credibility trashed in the process.
The mask slipped. He's a chancer. Respect to him for making a living on chatting shite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.