Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was his single biggest fuck up, and (in my view) the moment that a lot of City fans turned against him.

Up til the whole UEFA/CAS debacle, most City fans seemed happy to give him the benefit of the doubt - even though he’s a Rag.

Stuart Brennan was largely respected and even applauded for his reporting on City, and fans seemed willing to engage with Sam reasonably positively too.

But then he openly started courting the client ‘journalist’ group, and his tone inevitably changed. Leading to suspicions that perhaps he was getting paid to push outright lies and lazy, racist tropes about the Club and our owners too.

And from that point, it seemed to me any good will and credibility he had built up evaporated in an instant.

Shame for him given its probably made his job more difficult - but not one I’ll be losing any sleep over.

In some ways I hope the client journalists did manage to get him on the payroll, as otherwise he’s been very naive in openly allowing himself to be used by them - and having his credibility trashed in the process - to no apparent benefit.
Never, ever give a rag the benefit of the doubt.

Sam Lee was pretty much right all along with the Walker saga. He said he was thinking of going to Bayern.

Then, when reports came out about our first new contract offer and others thought Kyle would stay, Lee doubled down and said Munich were still a likely destination for him.

Now he’s found out first he’s staying. He’s either got contacts with Walker’s entourage, someone in Germany or a City bod.

He‘s said himself that since joining the Athletic, he doesn’t need to aggregate transfer stuff for clicks and so is generally reliable when he tweets stuff, imho.

He‘s obviously got stuff wrong in the past though and it’s a good job I don’t really care what is true and isn’t at this stage.

Should we sign a midfielder or winger, I’ll be happy to see what they can bring.

If not, we get to see a couple of our youngsters try their stuff in the big time.

Winning the treble has calmed me. This season will be what it is.

We still have Pep. Therefore all honours are possible.
I agree with all of that apart from the bit you talk about Lee.. :-)

Sam Lee was pretty much right all along with the Walker saga. He said he was thinking of going to Bayern.

Then, when reports came out about our first new contract offer and others thought Kyle would stay, Lee doubled down and said Munich were still a likely destination for him.

Now he’s found out first he’s staying. He’s either got contacts with Walker’s entourage, someone in Germany or a City bod.

He‘s said himself that since joining the Athletic, he doesn’t need to aggregate transfer stuff for clicks and so is generally reliable when he tweets stuff, imho.

He‘s obviously got stuff wrong in the past though and it’s a good job I don’t really care what is true and isn’t at this stage.

Should we sign a midfielder or winger, I’ll be happy to see what they can bring.

If not, we get to see a couple of our youngsters try their stuff in the big time.

Winning the treble has calmed me. This season will be what it is.

We still have Pep. Therefore all honours are possible.
Not wanting to dwell on this too much, but the only thing Lee did was transmit information he got either from the agent (to get a better deal from City) or from Bayern somehow (to "encourage" a deal they want). So far he hasn't been right about anything. The initial story about "wanting" to leave because it seems he is staying, or the doubling down because, well, it seems he staying. Anyway, rather than being right, it seems to me he has just been fed information certain parties wanted out. And he dutifully put it out.

Not wanting to dwell on this too much, but the only thing Lee did was transmit information he got either from the agent (to get a better deal from City) or from Bayern somehow (to "encourage" a deal they want). So far he hasn't been right about anything. The initial story about "wanting" to leave because it seems he is staying, or the doubling down because, well, it seems he staying. Anyway, rather than being right, it seems to me he has just been fed information certain parties wanted out. And he dutifully put it out.
He did what journalists do and shared the info he had got. It seems Kyle has changed his mind, given that it’s taken 6 weeks for anyone to report that he was 100% staying.

It‘s odd that once any public person has said something that doesn’t come true that they are deemed untrustworthy and can no longer be used as a source.

It’s not just with Sam Lee. You see loads of people dismiss information because they have fallen for the “tier” nonsense.

Different people get different titbits of information. It’s up to the reader to work out how true each bit is.

Even “Here we go” Romano jumped the gun with Guardiol. Does that mean he is now discredited for ever? For some people, it will do.

He did what journalists do and shared the info he had got. It seems Kyle has changed his mind, given that it’s taken 6 weeks for anyone to report that he was 100% staying.

It‘s odd that once any public person has said something that doesn’t come true that they are deemed untrustworthy and can no longer be used as a source.

It’s not just with Sam Lee. You see loads of people dismiss information because they have fallen for the “tier” nonsense.

Different people get different titbits of information. It’s up to the reader to work out how true each bit is.

Even “Here we go” Romano jumped the gun with Guardiol. Does that mean he is now discredited for ever? For some people, it will do.

You are arguing points I didn't make. It's like you were never away .... :)

Anyway, Romano doesn't have any credit with me either. He is a conduit, nothing more. He got Gvardiol timing wrong because he doesn't have access to either club, so he was just a tool for the agent to use, like Lee was in the Walker case.

You are arguing points I didn't make. It's like you were never away .... :)

Anyway, Romano doesn't have any credit with me either. He is a conduit, nothing more. He got Gvardiol timing wrong because he doesn't have access to either club, so he was just a tool for the agent to use, like Lee was in the Walker case.
Apologies for trying to debate with you. I’ve learned my lesson.

No you haven't!
I have. There’s something that either I can’t understand what he is debating or he isn’t clear in what he is saying. Either way, it’s not good for the rest of the board, so I’ll ignore him. Nothing personal, it’s just a better experience for me (and hopefully others).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.