Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the reason that so few teams go 3 in a row in the league, or back-to-back in the Champions League. The mental toll to back up and climb the mountain again is so tough
I agree that's a great point but experience also counts for something. New signings have hunger but experience around them helps them get over the line

It's the reason that so few teams go 3 in a row in the league, or back-to-back in the Champions League. The mental toll to back up and climb the mountain again is so tough

I've been away for a while so didn't know you'd come back. Excellent to see you posting mate.

Don't want to see him go, but if he has decided that he wants Bayern, big if......tell them we will only deal if we can have Kimmich or Davies, or both.....

I think you’re missing the real issue though. After a treble and three-peat, some players will be mentally finished at City. Nothing left to achieve, no hunger to drive them. It’s the same reason why Pep will most likely complete the contract he has already committed to and then no more. It’s job done for almost everyone that’s been here over a certain number of years, manager included. Just the price of success. But the hierarchy are showing that they know the score by allowing Walker, Mahrez etc to leave if the offers come. It might not feel like it right now but these are good things.
In his CL post match presser, Pep said many teams win the competition & then fade into obscurity.

He said as far as he's concerned it's not the endgame of City's aims & objectives, it's the beginning of us trying to remain at the top of European football for years to come like Real have...

Pep likes to have short term contracts to keep him, the club & the squad on their toes, but there's nothing I've heard from the great man himself to suggest he's gonna rest on his laurels until 2025, then do one!

He even mentioned that during the post match celebrations on the pitch, Khaldoon pointed out that the CL Final is at Wembley next year.

City are already on it bruv, so please stop buying into the media narrative/wish that Guardiola's gonna do one because he's finally led City to our first CL title. We've still got milestones to achieve...

The first club to win four Championships on the trot.

Matching Arsenal's "Invincibles" season.

Retaining the Champions League.

Rebuilding a Tr3bl3 winning squad & taking it to another level

Unless it was to retire, why else would Guardiola want to leave City? This is his squad, his club, & which other club in world football can offer Pep what he has at here & the top level of competition he faces week in, week out? PLUS his two best mates in football are his CEO & Director of Football.

Guardiola has everything he could possibly wish for at the Etihad... )(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.