Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had a great run here and would be going to a huge club. He deserves the move imo for what he's given the club since he joined.

At 33, he's done his bit. And to be honest, Walker isn't one of those guys who will gradually degrade but will be similar to Sagna in that he will be great one minute and as soon as he hits the wall, he becomes 10% of the player he was. Every year of his is a risk. As the system changed and we've got options in his position and his contract is up at the end of the year then it feels like it's a great move for all involved. Rarely get that in football, we should appreciate it when it does come around.

Jeremie Frimpong is the closest I can think of. RB/RWB and has pace. Remember seeing somewhere that he’s possibly the 5/6th fastest in the Bundesliga. Was also part of the academy as well. Whether City want him or he would like to return to City is another matter
Good player but for me we'd have the same issues that we had with Angelino, who is the same height. Going to be interesting.

We won't be replacing him, should he leave. If we land Gvardiol, we'll have more than enough to cover all defensive positions next season. I think we'll see Pep adopt a permanent back three supported by a double-pivot next season, negating the need for conventional full-backs; but should he wish to we have Lewis coming through, who is more than good enough.

We won't be replacing him, should he leave. If we land Gvardiol, we'll have more than enough to cover all defensive positions next season. I think we'll see Pep adopt a permanent back three supported by a double-pivot next season, negating the need for conventional full-backs; but should he wish to we have Lewis coming through, who is more than good enough.

Lewis will replace him, and I agree with you in regards to permanent back 3. Think our defensive line will primarily consist of CB's and defensive midfielders.

I think you’re missing the real issue though. After a treble and three-peat, some players will be mentally finished at City. Nothing left to achieve, no hunger to drive them. It’s the same reason why Pep will most likely complete the contract he has already committed to and then no more. It’s job done for almost everyone that’s been here over a certain number of years, manager included. Just the price of success. But the hierarchy are showing that they know the score by allowing Walker, Mahrez etc to leave if the offers come. It might not feel like it right now but these are good things.
It's the reason that so few teams go 3 in a row in the league, or back-to-back in the Champions League. The mental toll to back up and climb the mountain again is so tough

When you’re on a forum it’s got everything to do with whoever reads it

And you decide to call me arrogant and condescending,it's an opinion I had,you should know that being as you are an expert on how forums work surely ?

You chipped in to say that,the conversation was not with you,so I suggest you observe and say fuck all,unless it's directed at you,or if you try to tell me what I am you will get a backlash from me,simple as

And you decide to call me arrogant and condescending,it's an opinion I had,you should know that being as you are an expert on how forums work surely ?

You chipped in to say that,the conversation was not with you,so I suggest you observe and say fuck all,unless it's directed at you,or if you try to tell me what I am you will get a backlash from me,simple as
Aww. Bless. Don’t get so worked up.

Nothing left to achieve, no hunger to drive them. It’s the same reason why Pep will most likely complete the contract he has already committed to and then no more.

There are two things which Pep will want to achieve next season: 4 league titles in a row and back to back CLs. Extremely difficult but maybe not impossible. He hasn't done it so far. Cruyff won 4 titles in a row in La Liga, Sacchi won back to back European Cups with Milan. We'll try to build a great squad for next season, even if the likes of Gundo and Bernardo leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.