Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’re jumping in with Mattycity5 or not (it’s unclear from your post)…. I’ve no doubt that Kovacic would help Gvardiol settle, if he arrives here. But are you suggesting that we signed Kova, simply to increase our chances of getting Gvardiol? Because that’s a whole ‘nother conspiracy, that Marty is suggesting happens at top level football!
Just my humble opinion, my take is it’s simply good planning by the club, how many Croats are plying their trade in the NW ? None. It happens all the time in football, especially with South American players. Would we have signed kova if he was Bosnian, of course we would, but by the same token do you not think the fact they are both Croatian it hadn’t come into our thinking/planning ? Of course it has

You are a proper bell!

I know what you said, you said that in some ways Munich signing Walker would be seen as someone who could help Kane settle. It’s fucking horseshit and you’re still a bell!

And you've decided I've said that Kane would only join if Bayern sign Walker!

You've just pointed out how I never said that, so....

Hahahaha!!!!!!

Try telling me this. I'll keep the words short for you

You are planning to make the biggest value signing in your clubs history, an English striker as it happens. You also need a right back. You have 2 options. Let's say option 1 is very good but Spanish. Option 2 is very good but English and has played with the striker many times.

Given just those factors, who are you going to try for?

(Edit. Apologies if I've been a bit of a patronising bell here. No harm in different opinions!)

Last edited:
Walker has still got 2 years at city if he wishes, it is becoming evident football players have a longer career if they look after themselves physically & Kyle is still a specimen, silencing both the 2 best wingers this season

Walker has been, and still is, an immense defender. Fast, aggressive and never lets us down. I think he's been a great signing for us.

However, he isn't getting any younger and there's 3 things about him that makes me wonder if he will leave:

1) He's only got a couple of years of blistering pace left. Has he got the nouse to stop attacks when his pace declines? I'm not entirely sure.

2) His off the field antics. Not much else to add to this, but you know that Pep won't be impressed.

3) He's not a 'footballer' in the sense that Stones, Akanji etc and maybe Lewis are. He is to some extent, the odd one out at City in that it's his physical play that earns him a spot. Don't get me wrong I think he's a great player, but once that pace goes I'm not sure he is intelligent enough to keep his spot.

If Bayern come in with a decent offer and he's interested in leaving the Treble Winning Champions I think we should let him go and thank him. We can't keep everyone forever.

I'd rather players left at the top, like Gundogan and Walker in definitely at the top at the minute. When you're at the top, there's only one way down.
I agree completely. I’m not so sure it’s going to happen, but I completely agree. He’s been outstanding for us, but it seems that Pep has other ideas for the back line now and Kyle Walker is no longer 1st choice. He’s still world class and if we get a decent offer and Kyle wishes to go, then we wish him well and we move on.

I'll be polite...

Teams do it all the time. Look at the Dutch at AC Milan in the 90s, plus the Germans at Inter.

Let's not kid ourselves, a top but 33 year old right back isn't the most important signing to them. Equally, if he was crap obviously they wouldn't be interested.

They'll get one or two good years out of him and then his pace will be gone. I'm sure they could do without him and select someone else, but the signing would help Kane. If you don't think it would then I really give up, you haven't got a clue.

Kane is the big signing for them, probably a Bundesliga record signing I'd guess (but can't be bothered checking). Possibly their biggest signing ever in a lot of ways. Kyle is relative small fry and relatively short term in comparison. When you're making a massive signing you do what you can to help make it work.
One could even say the purchase of Kovacic has a lot to do with the interest in Gvardiol...

***I'll get my coat*** :)

Maybe look at the dates before making yourself look like an idiot lol
Oh dear - maybe if you engaged your brain before opening the gob you would have realised that it’s precisely because I looked at the dates that I responded. I hate itk statements (I thought they weren’t allowed?). He made out Rice had already signed for us and based an argument/discussion on that ‘fact‘. It caused many to respond when actually, he didn’t know at all so it was pointless conjecture.
CTID. Move on……

Walker has been, and still is, an immense defender. Fast, aggressive and never lets us down. I think he's been a great signing for us.

However, he isn't getting any younger and there's 3 things about him that makes me wonder if he will leave:

1) He's only got a couple of years of blistering pace left. Has he got the nouse to stop attacks when his pace declines? I'm not entirely sure.

2) His off the field antics. Not much else to add to this, but you know that Pep won't be impressed.

3) He's not a 'footballer' in the sense that Stones, Akanji etc and maybe Lewis are. He is to some extent, the odd one out at City in that it's his physical play that earns him a spot. Don't get me wrong I think he's a great player, but once that pace goes I'm not sure he is intelligent enough to keep his spot.

If Bayern come in with a decent offer and he's interested in leaving the Treble Winning Champions I think we should let him go and thank him. We can't keep everyone forever.

I'd rather players left at the top, like Gundogan and Walker in definitely at the top at the minute. When you're at the top, there's only one way down.
I don't think it's just the playing side with Walker he is obviously influential in the dressing room and part of the good moral that we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.