Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker is a good RB, mostly on defense. His offensive skills aren't world class; on defense he relies often on his pace, which given his age (33) is going to be worse and worse in coming seasons.

If Walker leaves, I wish him well. We'll easily find a replacement.
Do you know he is still the fastest player in PL?
Have you seen Mbappe, Vinicius, and other top wingers become useless against him just recently?
Now please find a replacement for that, and when you say "easily", do you mean the replacement could be around $20M-$50M?

Do you know he is still the fastest player in PL?
Have you seen Mbappe, Vinicius, and other top wingers become useless against him just recently?
Now please find a replacement for that, and when you say "easily", do you mean the replacement could be around $20M-$50M?
Three words. 33 years old.
Walker's pace is done for.
By easily replace, I mean that we can start a center back in his position and experience a better outcome. This will cost around $0M.
===
Look, I like Walker and in years past he was an awesome defensive stop. Next season though - there's almost no way he's going to be able to rely on blistering pace to always recover from mistakes.

By easily replace, I mean that we can start a center back in his position and experience a better outcome. This will cost around $0M.
===
Look, I like Walker and in years past he was an awesome defensive stop. Next season though - there's almost no way he's going to be able to rely on blistering pace to always recover from mistakes.
Walker is still faster than most players in the world. He may lose a bit of that pace next year or he may not. To say he’s easily replaceable is mental.

===

How to tell us you’re a tit without telling us.

===

Pace gone?? Have you forgotten his rapid recovery against Madrid to rob Vinicius Junior who has a head start on him?

Careful SR - he'll put you on ignore for being nasty and hurting his feelings .
Nope.

I'm forceful in my opinion. Love Walker. Awesome defender in years past. Blisteringly fast. Occasionally relies on pace to make of for positional mistakes. Good on offense but not spectacular. Dropped by Pep and replaced by Stones whose offensive skills are better but whose pace is nowhere near as good.

Bottom line - Walker is a good RB who offers a lot on defense because of pace but isn't nearly as gifted going forward. At 33 Walker's pace is going to inevitably decline over the next few years, almost certainly by a lot.

Walker is 33. His biggest asset is pace. He doesn't read the game well on defense; on offense he's of course decent, but not at all exceptional. At his age, Walker's pace is going to shortly fall off a cliff.
It's entirely possible his pace does decline during next season, an Injury is most likely going to contribute to that but Jamie vardy was still rapid at 34 and fast at 35 and even at 36 he is still pretty quick and vardy doesn't look after himself the same way as walker. Injury free walker and I think another 2 years for him at a pace level still at the top.

Nope.

I'm forceful in my opinion. Love Walker. Awesome defender in years past. Blisteringly fast. Occasionally relies on pace to make of for positional mistakes. Good on offense but not spectacular. Dropped by Pep and replaced by Stones whose offensive skills are better but whose pace is nowhere near as good.

Bottom line - Walker is a good RB who offers a lot on defense because of pace but isn't nearly as gifted going forward. At 33 Walker's pace is going to inevitably decline over the next few years, almost certainly by a lot.
Bit of a turnaround there mate. Last post said his pace was done for, now you are saying will decline over the next few years! Never a good idea when you realise that you have dug a hole for yourself to cary on digging. Just quietly walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.