Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to go in here to say I love Kyle Walker I think losing hin would be horrible.

Funny enough I think he stays here :)

People saying Walker is just pace
He is strong as an ox. Pep has said he has incredible fitness
Then there is the experience and his affect in the dressing room. He fears no occasion or stadium
Deserves another couple of seasons
I can only think that anyone who says Walker is just pace just hasn't watched him.

Cafu retained quite a lot of his pace up until around 38 years of age, he wasn't rapid quick Cafu still quite quick and smart enough to outwit wingers, his fitness levels and professionalism helped him retain what pace he did have, Kyle still works hard in training no matter what he does off the pitch.

Roberto Carlos was still quick at 35 and he's nowhere near the fitness freak Kyle Walker is, it's not unfathomable that Kyle Walker could still the Prem's quickest fullback at even 37 years of age if he stays injury free.

Obviously he'll be gone by then but don't be surprised if he's still outpacing/bullying young players at 36-38, because he's also got his physicality to lean back on which is extremely underrated aspect of his game, he's stronger than well over 95% of Prem fullbacks currently and it's focusing more and more on pace.

Kyle Walker is as irreplaceable as it gets we're lucky to have suck an asset and need to look out for the next Kyle, even as he starts to lose paces he'll know his pace limitations and adjust his game accordingly he'll stay among the best even in old age.

Zabaleta and Lauren

Lauren was good but quite overrated Sagna was a much better fullback than him, Zabaleta is a warrior and amongst my favourite ever City players.

I'd never have thought it when Kyle Walker joined us but if I named my all time City XI... Walker would absolutely pip Zabaleta because he's too good not to pick, Kyle Walker is quite possibly the best right back of the Prem era, probably ahead of everyone else for what he brings to a backline he's unbeatable.

Walker is 33. His biggest asset is pace. He doesn't read the game well on defense; on offense he's of course decent, but not at all exceptional. At his age, Walker's pace is going to shortly fall off a cliff.
I understand that concern, but he’s not reached the point of losing his pace yet, and that makes him no easier to replace

Three words. 33 years old.
Walker's pace is done for.
By easily replace, I mean that we can start a center back in his position and experience a better outcome. This will cost around $0M.
===
Look, I like Walker and in years past he was an awesome defensive stop. Next season though - there's almost no way he's going to be able to rely on blistering pace to always recover from mistakes.
I've just literally mentioned he's still the fastest player in PL in my previous comment, but you still say "Walker's pace is done for."?
Well, if you don't believe me, fine, you can ask clarification questions, or look up the information by yourself instead of repeating false information. So may I ask do you have some information to back up your opinion, or did you just reply without really reading my comment? I feel like that's not a good way for us to discuss.

Nope.

I'm forceful in my opinion. Love Walker. Awesome defender in years past. Blisteringly fast. Occasionally relies on pace to make of for positional mistakes. Good on offense but not spectacular. Dropped by Pep and replaced by Stones whose offensive skills are better but whose pace is nowhere near as good.

Bottom line - Walker is a good RB who offers a lot on defense because of pace but isn't nearly as gifted going forward. At 33 Walker's pace is going to inevitably decline over the next few years, almost certainly by a lot.
Did you note walkers position in the team started to be questioned once he got his knob out in the pub at all ?

Lauren was good but quite overrated Sagna was a much better fullback than him, Zabaleta is a warrior and amongst my favourite ever City players.

I'd never have thought it when Kyle Walker joined us but if I named my all time City XI... Walker would absolutely pip Zabaleta because he's too good not to pick, Kyle Walker is quite possibly the best right back of the Prem era, probably ahead of everyone else for what he brings to a backline he's unbeatable.
Yeah but is Walker as good as Gary Neville?

I'd never have thought it when Kyle Walker joined us but if I named my all time City XI... Walker would absolutely pip Zabaleta because he's too good not to pick

Zabba was and will always be the man and his status as a legend for many of us is secure. However, there was a reason we coughed up circa 50mil for Walker. This is a player who beat Sergio and Bale amongst others to the Young Player of the Year award. I may love Zabba more but Walker has been absolutely immense for us including at the very very highest level and would beat him into a best XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.