Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

I love Alvarez, but I doubt this is the case. Mbappe is probably the best player in the world currently. That may be debatable, but there's no doubt he's in the Messi/Ronaldo/Haaland category.

It's highly, highly unlikely that Mbappe goes anywhere short of Real though. It's his dream club, and they are one of the few that can afford him.
Rag

3 months ago Real said they were taking Mbappe on a free, at the time i gave it no credence since Mbappe had signed a new contract not long before, and he was given unprecdented power within the club, i do not know how Real are going to pay his wages, but that is where he is going, unless the new cash rich Arab clubs offer something unbelievable.

I love Alvarez, but I doubt this is the case. Mbappe is probably the best player in the world currently. That may be debatable, but there's no doubt he's in the Messi/Ronaldo/Haaland category.

It's highly, highly unlikely that Mbappe goes anywhere short of Real though. It's his dream club, and they are one of the few that can afford him.
Talent-wise i'd say there's no comparison. Mbappe is elite level, Alvarez i'd say is currently at a world level with potential to move up. But Pep has shown over and over (i'd argue since the Ibra transfer at Barca) he won't go for a player even if their talent is insane, if the mentality doesn't match. Mbappe clearly has elite sporting mentality, how else could he get a hatrick in a WC final when playing average, but the rest of it ain't what we are about. Alvarez fits into that better for us, being humble on and off the pitch.

Great player, amazingly bad attitude.
Before the World Cup he had said(addressing his French teammates' lack of good passes) that my central midfielders in France should take lessons from Messi about how he plays in PSG and gives my those passes and assists, as we currently don't do it. Same he did for PSG around October saying apart from Messi we don't have players to create intelligent plays we should play more clever.

And seeing him play on PSG this season it was just like he wanted personal glory 98 % and team success 2 %. He didn't(almost never) pass to other players that were in better positions when he had a chance for even a tough angle shot and went for the shot, and with bad percentages also in his finishes this season just because of that. Unless Pep can change that and convince him to PLAY FOR THE TEAM and not for himself, then he will destroy our team's harmony and our team generally. If he convinces him to be a team player then it will be a great addition BUT then Jack will suffer as Mbappe plays on his side normally(we will not give Haaland's position obviously).

I want him(because he is on of the best 5 attacking players right now, maybe best 2) and I don't want him.
Tough decision if we really should care getting him.

Great player, amazingly bad attitude.
Before the World Cup he had said(addressing his French teammates' lack of good passes) that my central midfielders in France should take lessons from Messi about how he plays in PSG and gives my those passes and assists, as we currently don't do it. Same he did for PSG around October saying apart from Messi we don't have players to create intelligent plays we should play more clever.

And seeing him play on PSG this season it was just like he wanted personal glory 98 % and team success 2 %. He didn't(almost never) pass to other players that were in better positions when he had a chance for even a tough angle shot and went for the shot, and with bad percentages also in his finishes this season just because of that. Unless Pep can change that and convince him to PLAY FOR THE TEAM and not for himself, then he will destroy our team's harmony and our team generally. If he convinces him to be a team player then it will be a great addition BUT then Jack will suffer as Mbappe plays on his side normally(we will not give Haaland's position obviously).

I want him(because he is on of the best 5 attacking players right now, maybe best 2) and I don't want him.
Tough decision if we really should care getting him.

Imagine telling Messi what to do, he's not fit to be on the same pitch as Messi.

Real Madrid deserve this plonker.

Mbappe admires Pep but that doesn't mean he wants to play for Manchester City.

Who knows. I mean, I think Real Madrid is as good as nailed on for his next move but a lot of people from a newer generation view us differently.

We're champions league winners. Got arguably the greatest manager of all time. We demolished the likes of Real Madrid in the Champions League. We are now a worldwide brand and have a genuine global superstar like Haaland.

I don't think any player would just quickly dismiss a move to us if it was a possibility, even with Madrid being an option.

But that said, I think he's always been on his way to Madrid, it's just been a case of when, not if.

Unless he’s changed his mind about Manchester I’d be inclined to say he’s not rocking up at the Etihad anytime soon.

I think the timing of Benzema leaving Madrid was unexpected and it's no coincidence this has happened now.

It will be protracted but if PSG have any sense they'll get what they can for him and let him go to Madrid.

If he had any sense he'd come to City and work for Pep but he's a narcissist and will prioritise wearing a white shirt for "the GrEAtesT TeAm In the WOrld"

Who knows. I mean, I think Real Madrid is as good as nailed on for his next move but a lot of people from a newer generation view us differently.

We're champions league winners. Got arguably the greatest manager of all time. We demolished the likes of Real Madrid in the Champions League. We are now a worldwide brand and have a genuine global superstar like Haaland.

I don't think any player would just quickly dismiss a move to us if it was a possibility, even with Madrid being an option.

But that said, I think he's always been on his way to Madrid, it's just been a case of when, not if.

He like Bellingham have some issues playing for Manchester City our club maybe they doesn't want associated with problematic club having being getting charged with CAS in the past and now PL that will hurt their brand.

I know it sounded insane but for some player their own brand is more important so they will never play and be associated playing for our club.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.