Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

His wages are astronomical (70ME annual).
1) do you see City paying that?, 2) do you think he has comparable commercial value? Genuine questions.
I can see City paying that IF it’s deemed commercially viable to have a world superstar to entice far eastern markets. As long as shirt sales and merchandise cover it. I don’t know enough about it tbh, but I do know the owners are concentrating on that particular market place, so a shiny new trinket might persuade them.

If Mbappe goes down the road it could undo and undermine all our hard work of the past several years as they’d be back in business.

Hope he goes to Madrid and it’s over with. Would hate to see him at a domestic rival, fantastic player. Genuinely brilliant. But it also wouldn’t surprise me if he and Haaland want to play in the same league as direct competition (ala Messi and Ronaldo).

Hope he goes to Madrid and it’s over with. Would hate to see him at a domestic rival, fantastic player. Genuinely brilliant. But it also wouldn’t surprise me if he and Haaland want to play in the same league as direct competition (ala Messi and Ronaldo).

Can't see any PL team trying or being successful in getting him. He's not going to sit out the CL at Liverpool (they wouldn't afford him) or Chelsea (even with amortisation, FFP!); United just got fined for FFP and have spent a lot already; Arsenal have spent more than anyone. We won't touch him.

Maybe it prompts Madrid to go for him but with their front-loaded, future revenue deal not counting towards FFP, they would have to make serious sales to offset him.

Forget the baggage for a second. I know it comes with him. Could he and would he fit into Pep's/our playing system alongside Haaland if City tried to sign?

Can't see any PL team trying or being successful in getting him. He's not going to sit out the CL at Liverpool (they wouldn't afford him) or Chelsea (even with amortisation, FFP!); United just got fined for FFP and have spent a lot already; Arsenal have spent more than anyone. We won't touch him.

Maybe it prompts Madrid to go for him but with their front-loaded, future revenue deal not counting towards FFP, they would have to make serious sales to offset him.
Agree, never coming to the England. All those thinking the rags might get him, how? They are currently trying to get the young Danish striker from Atalanta and are haggling to get him at less than €50/60m, where are they gonna pull €200m alone for the fee never mind his wages. Would love him at City but he's off to Madrid. Can see Madrid either throwing a few players PSGs way to get the fee down or selling a couple and buying him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.