Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Totally unsustainable
This is an interesting point. Saudi is way down the list of GDP per capita. Well below the UK.
Imagine if Rishi Sunak was using tax payers money to bring Mbappe to the EPL.
At some point the House of Saud will be overthrown.

Real Madrid lost with age and injuries at Etihad. They were basically playing with 10 men. Benzema, Modric, and Valverde couldn't even run normally. And Ancelotti decided to play with Kroos as a DM. When they catch you with their new young team it will be a reality check for all of you. Just like this summer is. Madrid aren't what they used to be, right? The best English talent in years rejected Premier League and soon the best player in the world will wear the white shirt. REALITY CHECK.

P.S. La liga is hands down the most successful league in the 21st century. It's embarrasing for the Premier League. Spanish teams haven't lost Champions League/Europa League final against non-spanish opposition since 2001.
Just 5 teams have won La Liga in the 21st century besides RM or Barca That's 5 out of 23 seasons, most successful league in the 21st century my arse.

Now this is sports washing
I wasn’t really bothered about the Saudi league buying players. It changes when it gets to the point of paying €300m for a player with one year left on his deal and then giving the player €700 one year contract is crazy to even think about.

The money is mental and it now gets to the point where it will be scary for clubs as the Saudi league will try and combine their league with the biggest clubs in the world for a competition. If you think they haven’t had a project about that or even a discussion they you are wrong. I’m all for players going there to secure generational wealth but that’s for average or older players not the fourth best player in the world(Haaland, KDB and Rodri too 3)

Militant Islam has a new list of potential kidnap targets.

Im serious, and you would be crazy to not believe terrorists wont target suado football matches or the high-profile players.

There are definitely foundations being laid and for a lot of people it's not a joke... Whether it's successful or not is yet to be seen.. obviously..
You reckon Gerrard being the 4th highest paid manager in the world is indicative of a serious football competiton?

Disagree, throw enough money at it and the players will flock. “legacy” fans won’t like it but the league will get viewers from the huge causal audiences such as America, Japan, china, India etc.

They only reason the English clubs are so popular in those countries is because these are the games on their tvs. They have no real affiliation towards the clubs (in most cases)
I get the point, but the likes of Liverpool, Rags, Arsenal and now us are extremely famous and popular clubs. I just can’t see folk all of a sudden wanting to watch Al Ahi or the players wanting to go to such a club. Some will as we’ve seen, but for it to become a bigger league than the PL would take some shift. Again, maybe in time.

Real Madrid lost with age and injuries at Etihad. They were basically playing with 10 men. Benzema, Modric, and Valverde couldn't even run normally. And Ancelotti decided to play with Kroos as a DM. When they catch you with their new young team it will be a reality check for all of you. Just like this summer is. Madrid aren't what they used to be, right? The best English talent in years rejected Premier League and soon the best player in the world will wear the white shirt. REALITY CHECK.

P.S. La liga is hands down the most successful league in the 21st century. It's embarrasing for the Premier League. Spanish teams haven't lost Champions League/Europa League final against non-spanish opposition since 2001.

All I’m hearing is excuses.

Fact is - we won, you lost.

Everything else is just noise!

And - you’ve got to be in the final to lose it.

No Estonian team has lost a final to a non-Estonian team this century either.

Who gives a fuck - the only thing that matters is the name on the trophy.

And right now, that reads Manchester City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.