Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want 2 quality players per position. I suspect Roberts will be loaned out and Iheanacho sold. If we were to get all of our supposed targets (extremely unlikely), we could have for example:

Central striker - Aguero and Mbappe

Left sided attacker/winger - Sanchez and Sane

Right sided attacker/winger - Sterling and Jesus

2 creative players ahead of the DM/pivot - Gundogan, Silva x 2, KDB

DM/Pivot - Yaya and Fernandinho

RB - Walker and Fernandinho

LB - Mendy and Kolarov

CB - Stones, Otamendi, Kompany and Laporte

GK - Bravo and Ederson

Problem is that this leaves us with 18 foreign players by my reckoning. So in the unlikely event that we got all of those signings, we'd have to replace one of them with a HG player (most likely Kolarov or Bravo I would have thought) and it still doesn't allow us to bring in a new DM like Fabinho unless there is a decent HG one knocking about.
I m sorry, but that is a perfect squad. It's impossible to keep all those players happy and develop the youngsters as well. I would rather give Iheanacho more playing time than buying Mbappe.

If we buy Mbappe, I can't see us signing sanchez as well. Everything atm points towards us buying youth to build on for the next 10 years, sanchez is what 28/29

I m sorry, but that is a perfect squad. It's impossible to keep all those players happy and develop the youngsters as well. I would rather give Iheanacho more playing time than buying Mbappe.

It's what we seem to be aiming for given the rumours. Obviously it's Guardiola's job to keep them all happy and make sure they get enough game time. With injuries, suspensions, successful cup runs and some taking a while to settle, it shouldn't be impossible for one season and after that a few of our older players such as Yaya and Kolarov will probably be leaving anyway to make some room for academy players coming through.

I certainly wouldn't choose Iheanacho over Mbappe. Iheanacho is a very good player but Mbappe is on a different level and I believe is destined to be a great.

It's what we seem to be aiming for given the rumours. Obviously it's Guardiola's job to keep them all happy and make sure they get enough game time. With injuries, suspensions, successful cup runs and some taking a while to settle, it shouldn't be impossible for one season and after that a few of our older players such as Yaya and Kolarov will probably be leaving anyway to make some room for academy players coming through.

I certainly wouldn't choose Iheanacho over Mbappe. Iheanacho is a very good player but Mbappe is on a different level and I believe is destined to be a great.
We can t have all the great players in the world. But I do think Iheanacho will go on to be a better player than Mbappe. The rags think Rashford is better than Mbappe, and Iheanacho is twice the player Rashford is. So why wouldn't we give him a full season(not 5 min every 2 games) before shipping him out?

We can t have all the great players in the world. But I do think Iheanacho will go on to be a better player than Mbappe. The rags think Rashford is better than Mbappe, and Iheanacho is twice the player Rashford is. So why wouldn't we give him a full season(not 5 min every 2 games) before shipping him out?

He isn't in the same league as Mbappe and neither is Rashford. Even if we don't get Mbappe (and I don't think we will), I suspect Iheanacho will still be on his way as Guardiola doesn't seem to have much confidence in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.