Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
We want 2 quality players per position. I suspect Roberts will be loaned out and Iheanacho sold. If we were to get all of our supposed targets (extremely unlikely), we could have for example:

Central striker - Aguero and Mbappe

Left sided attacker/winger - Sanchez and Sane

Right sided attacker/winger - Sterling and Jesus

2 creative players ahead of the DM/pivot - Gundogan, Silva x 2, KDB

DM/Pivot - Yaya and Fernandinho

RB - Walker and Fernandinho

LB - Mendy and Kolarov

CB - Stones, Otamendi, Kompany and Laporte

GK - Bravo and Ederson

Problem is that this leaves us with 18 foreign players by my reckoning. So in the unlikely event that we got all of those signings, we'd have to replace one of them with a HG player (most likely Kolarov or Bravo I would have thought) and it still doesn't allow us to bring in a new DM like Fabinho unless there is a decent HG one knocking about.

surely though at 100m + mbappe will play every game, hes not going to be rotated every week. so that means augeros going to be a bench warmer ? only play cup games ? only play when hes injured, which for all we know he might not get injured all season. same with sanchez. I dont think we need to buy him at all tbh.we have more then enough. 2 quality players per position, there are barely any teams that do that and manage to keep their players happy. a lot of bayerns players are apparently unhappy about lack of game time, boateng, kimmich, costa, sanches. its going to be a challenge to keep them all happy.

for 130m swell I'm expecting the best striker in the league/europe straight away and imo he isn't worth that.

Well, I m not very good with statistics, but this kind of sums it all.

Football is full of stories of managers not fancying players for a myriad of different reasons and this looks like it could be another.

I dont want the lad sold and think a loan is the solution because i believe he will prove to be a top player in time to come but right now, he isnt going to get enough game time with us because he isnt good enough to displace Jesus, Kun and possibly Sanchez or Mbappe if we get either of those.

He needs to go and play elsewhere but if we do sell him, its one of those things and we will just have to lump it.

Football is full of stories of managers not fancying players for a myriad of different reasons and this looks like it could be another.

I dont want the lad sold and think a loan is the solution because i believe he will prove to be a top player in time to come but right now, he isnt going to get enough game time with us because he isnt good enough to displace Jesus, Kun and possibly Sanchez or Mbappe if we get either of those.

He needs to go and play elsewhere but if we do sell him, its one of those things and we will just have to lump it.
It looks like he is not suited to the way Pep wants to play, but this kid scores. A lot! Every time he comes in you know he will either score or assist. He is so direct, and deadly in the box. I would keep him. And Hart and Mangala.

It looks like he is not suited to the way Pep wants to play, but this kid scores. A lot! Every time he comes in you know he will either score or assist. He is so direct, and deadly in the box. I would keep him. And Hart and Mangala.

He is a poacher no doubt but he has to develop his overall game if he is to ever play in a Pep side. Shit even Kun has had to evolve his game and change to fit in this season.

He isnt going to play and he needs to go unfortunately with a loan my preferred option but its looking like we will just sell.

As for Hart and Mangala? Forget it, not going to happen, ever.

I rate Iheanacho highly as well. I just think Mbappe is a couple of levels above. There is a reason why teams are willing to pay so much for Mbappe. Of course there are dangers with every signing and his potential might remain unfulfilled or he might not settle in a new league but if you get the chance to sign that kind of exceptional talent, you have to take it. I still think our chances of getting him are very slight though.
Good for me. I would take him for 40 mil as a squad player, not as automatic starter, like he wants, or for 120!!! mil. Never.

surely though at 100m + mbappe will play every game, hes not going to be rotated every week. so that means augeros going to be a bench warmer ? only play cup games ? only play when hes injured, which for all we know he might not get injured all season. same with sanchez. I dont think we need to buy him at all tbh.we have more then enough. 2 quality players per position, there are barely any teams that do that and manage to keep their players happy. a lot of bayerns players are apparently unhappy about lack of game time, boateng, kimmich, costa, sanches. its going to be a challenge to keep them all happy.

for 130m swell I'm expecting the best striker in the league/europe straight away and imo he isn't worth that.

It's certainly a challenge to keep them all happy but that seems to be the aim.

I am sure it could be sold to them as you will play enough games but not worked to death so you will be able to be at your best for the World Cup. After that might be a bollocks up.

I think he's worth the gamble...this lad will be the Messi/Ronaldo of his generation and will be world player of the year within the next 3 or 4 years. Can't see us getting him though, we'll get linked all summer and end up disappointed when he chooses not to join us.

Think it'd be madness to pay anywhere near the fees being quoted for a guy who's had such a short career. Hope he stays at Monaco & proves himself further before making a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.