Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling we no longer outbid everyone for players, hence the rags having a clear run at Carlton.
If they don't want to come, we move on to the next...But am a greedy ****, don't want to miss out on one of the best young talent in world football.
Our central defence isn't as bad as some would have you believe, not many defenders out there will improve us now VVD is apparently off to the dippers. Throw the VVD+Sanchez money at Monaco, have his mates Benardo and Mendy put in a word and BOOM. Attack sorted for the next decade.

Can someone explain to me what they see in mbappe, I still dont get the hype

Just look back at our game vs Monaco...

I think he is worth every penny. This could be the difference winnig the UCL or not. Winning UCL will easily pay it off. Kit sale, full stadium, this is big businnes. Just like Florentino thinks i RM.....

I personally think we should go all in for him....

I think he is worth every penny. This could be the difference winnig the UCL or not. Winning UCL will easily pay it off. Kit sale, full stadium, this is big businnes. Just like Florentino thinks i RM.....

I think we've already signed the best player for Monaco against us (home leg at least) and he cost a third of what Mbappe's supposedly going for and is just 22.

For the prices mooted, you'd want to be buying the finished article. At the moment you're gambling on a teenager fulfilling his potential.

I think we've already signed the best player for Monaco against us (home leg at least) and he cost a third of what Mbappe's supposedly going for and is just 22.

For the prices mooted, you'd want to be buying the finished article. At the moment you're gambling on a teenager fulfilling his potential.

I agree, Mbappe basically done an Iheanacho job against us, good movement/right place right time then not much else

How you can be sure the player will be worth every penny is beyond me. You EXPECT him to be just that.
For every other reason you mention I just say we now have Gabriel Jesus who willl enjoy a full preseason and has a few months of experience in the PL. Mbpappa will cost us over a 100mill more than Jesus. Over a hundred million more! Not my money but I'd rather we spent big on two or three players we really need and are top class in their position rather than overspend on one player when questioning where to play him or where others should play when he is a starter. Unless we sell Aguero and Sterling to pay the fee, just like Real seems to do (and did when they got Bale).

I agree, Mbappe basically done an Iheanacho job against us, good movement/right place right time then not much else

It's not that I don't rate Mbappe - I haven't seen nearly enough of him to make a judgement. I'm saying that the price mooted is way too high for a player who is 80% potential and 20% current ability. I'd imagine that we could pay less for Bale, Griezmann or Dybala, all of whom have similar ceilings to Mbappe (maybe slightly lower for argument's sake) but are so much further on their way to reaching that potential.

I think people are swayed by the 'next Henry' appeal of the kid. But there have been plenty of players dubbed the 'next Henry' from Reyes to Martial - none worth £130m.

It's been repeated a hundred times...if Arsenal, city, united, and RM are all willing to pay over 100£m then there sure as shit is way more there than just 'potential'.

Comparing Jesus fee to Mbappes is silly imo because every deal is a new deal and doesn't particularly relate to the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.