Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind him or B.Silva but as others say Diaz and Sancho need to be given chances too. And we need to concentrate investment on the defense (again).

Would be a signing for the sake of another team not signing him as he wouldn't start here so why would he come.

No ta; full backs, full backs, full backs. Then a CB.

Much as I am excited by both, they aren't ready for at least a couple of years and we might need to see them properly road-tested at a club who can afford to take the risks on our behalf?

I would expect both to feature next season in a small way. Brahim's already had his debut and Sancho is definitely ready for it. Pep said he's not brought the kids in this season because he can't risk bringing them into a rocking boat, he needs things to be more settled.

I assume that means we will see him fulfil that part of his job description next season, the attack is already finding a rhythm and we're controlling games more, so by next August we should have that stable platform for a kid or two to come into.

We can't expect other clubs to "take risks on our behalf" as you put it because they know, everyone in the loan system, knows there's no benefit to them. Why spend a year watching them cock up if they're walking away in 9 months time? We saw with Roberts even Celtic weren't prepared to loan him unless he was there for 18 months and they got some sort of dividend for the investment.

And that's not to mention the fact that they're our academy's crown jewels and we can't be loaning them out to some random club in the football league who fancies a punt only to see them set back significantly by bad tactics management and a spell on the bench.

We should be bringing them through, and if we do, there's every chance that we've got our own Mbappé calibre players in 18 months time.

If we're going after Mbappé anyway, his contract expires in 2019. We should be all over him, his agent and his family to try and either create a Lewandowski scenario in 2019 (when he'd be 20 still) or get him for a reasonable price in summer 2018 and recompense him 2x for the salary he's lost by not signing a big deal with Monaco.

Much as I am excited by both, they aren't ready for at least a couple of years and we might need to see them properly road-tested at a club who can afford to take the risks on our behalf?

Brahim is surely ready for a place in the squad next season. He's been consistently brilliant for over a year. He would offer more than navas offers now. Even sancho would.

I would expect both to feature next season in a small way. Brahim's already had his debut and Sancho is definitely ready for it. Pep said he's not brought the kids in this season because he can't risk bringing them into a rocking boat, he needs things to be more settled.

I assume that means we will see him fulfil that part of his job description next season, the attack is already finding a rhythm and we're controlling games more, so by next August we should have that stable platform for a kid or two to come into.

We can't expect other clubs to "take risks on our behalf" as you put it because they know, everyone in the loan system, knows there's no benefit to them. Why spend a year watching them cock up if they're walking away in 9 months time? We saw with Roberts even Celtic weren't prepared to loan him unless he was there for 18 months and they got some sort of dividend for the investment.

And that's not to mention the fact that they're our academy's crown jewels and we can't be loaning them out to some random club in the football league who fancies a punt only to see them set back significantly by bad tactics management and a spell on the bench.

We should be bringing them through, and if we do, there's every chance that we've got our own Mbappé calibre players in 18 months time.

If we're going after Mbappé anyway, his contract expires in 2019. We should be all over him, his agent and his family to try and either create a Lewandowski scenario in 2019 (when he'd be 20 still) or get him for a reasonable price in summer 2018 and recompense him 2x for the salary he's lost by not signing a big deal with Monaco.

Absolutely no chance with Vadim and Kylian ;)

Would be a signing for the sake of another team not signing him as he wouldn't start here so why would he come.

No ta; full backs, full backs, full backs. Then a CB.
We have 2 wide players who are starter quality. We can add him and make it 3. Rotate the 3 for exceptional efficiency.

Can play wide or up front.

Going to world class.

It's a no brainer. We haven't got any back up on the wings at the moment - neither Navas or Nolito are good enough. Those two out, Lottin in.

We have 2 wide players who are starter quality. We can add him and make it 3. Rotate the 3 for exceptional efficiency.

Very true. But when Aguero is fit. You can move Jesus to LW with Aguero up front. I think Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling + Mbappe, would be too much talent for 3 positions. You need someone who can play wide but also in the middle in the Silva/KDB position. That's my thinking anyway.

But i don't know Pep's thinking. Maybe he signs another pure winger to cover Sane/Sterling....while ditching Navas and Nolito.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.