Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm being too cynical but I just can't see any reason why he would sign a contract extension with Monaco. Surely that isn't going to happen?

Maybe I'm being too cynical but I just can't see any reason why he would sign a contract extension with Monaco. Surely that isn't going to happen?

Increased salary, guaranteed game time ahead of world cup and a fixed release clause with an agreement he can leave next summer if it's met. In reality, it's probably the best thing for his development as a player, certainly better than Madrid.

Increased salary, guaranteed game time ahead of world cup and a fixed release clause with an agreement he can leave next summer if it's met. In reality, it's probably the best thing for his development as a player, certainly better than Madrid.
That makes good sense.

You're probably assuming that Mbappe and his clubs pursue different goals? Think they're on one side. The contract is needed:
- to spend 1 more year in France, which makes sense for such young player. Without a new contract Monaco would be forced to sell now.
- to ensure that the club will receive a huge sum next summer, when the player leaves by gentleman's agreement
- to get an increased salary
Hope he signs it, guess it will only increase our chances to get him.

Can't see him signing a new deal but there's definitely a good reason to stay at Monaco, the main reason being guaranteed game time, it's a World Cup year next year and he'll want to be involved.

Why would he sign an extended contract at Monaco if he could play at City or Real Madrid next season? From his point of view weigh it up.

Why would he sign an extended contract at Monaco if he could play at City or Real Madrid next season? From his point of view weigh it up.
Because it makes sense to stay in a weaker league while your body is not fully formed. He'll turn 19 in December! Ronaldo, a prodigy like Mbappe, moved to a monstrous Serie A at 20 yo and had his health destroyed in a year.

We are not going to get him.

The more I think about it , the more the likelihood is that when agreeing Silva and mendy we said we would show interest to drive the price up for them - bit of a sweeter to help Monaco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.