Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
MmmBopp has lost a ton of quality service coming into the season... those players will not be replaced with the same calibre. Can he match the quality of last season without those elements...? Granted... Its France so only every 6th game at best will be competitive.

Can't see him signing a new deal but there's definitely a good reason to stay at Monaco, the main reason being guaranteed game time, it's a World Cup year next year and he'll want to be involved.
Absolutely, I can see him staying for next season but still don't know why he'd sign a new contract.

Because it makes sense to stay in a weaker league while your body is not fully formed. He'll turn 19 in December! Ronaldo, a prodigy like Mbappe, moved to a monstrous Serie A at 20 yo and had his health destroyed in a year.

It makes sense to make the most of the big chance when it comes.

Next season another player will breakthrough and be the "next big thing" and could be available at a fraction of the figures being banded about for Mbappe.

Or Mbappe could struggle in a Monaco side that has lost a number of key players and his demand could massively drop.

Just look at the differing paths of Rooney and Barkley. Both were highly rated teenagers who broke into the England side and were linked with big money moves. Rooney went to United, improved his game and became one of the PLs all time greats. Barkley stayed at Everton and has stagnated. He's now at the age of 23 and no better than when he was 18.

Players also tend to be valued higher and are more marketable when they are in a successful team. There's no way Pogba would have been valued at the price he was at if he'd at been at Milan instead of Juve. That success boosted his profile just like Monacos past season has done for Mbappe.

Can't see him signing a new deal but there's definitely a good reason to stay at Monaco, the main reason being guaranteed game time, it's a World Cup year next year and he'll want to be involved.

He'll be guaranteed game time no matter where he plays. No club is going to sign a player for over £100 million and bench them. There's no chance of that.

His profile will also increase if he joins Madrid or comes to the PL, not to mention playing alongside some of the best players in the world who can take his game to a new level.

The only potential worry he may have is if he goes to Madrid and they try to base his game around Ronaldo in the way they have done for Benzema and Bale rather than letting him be his own player.

I think he stays this season...not sure he signs an extension but I think Monaco will hold onto him for atleast another year. Unless we sell a few more and another CB becomes an option, I think the only thread we should be following now is the "Sanchez thread! ;)

Maybe he likes living in and playing for Monaco and is in no rush to leave.
Fair enough, if he intends to stay there in the long term. I am assuming that if he doesn't leave this summer then will more than likely leave next summer. In which case, signing a new contract now would be a bit odd. I very much doubt he will be at Monaco for the 18/19 season.

MmmBopp has lost a ton of quality service coming into the season... those players will not be replaced with the same calibre. Can he match the quality of last season without those elements...? Granted... Its France so only every 6th game at best will be competitive.

It's not actually that bad. Most assists for Mbappé -

B. Silva 4
Moutinho 3
Falcao 3
Mendy 3
Boschilia 2
Fabinho 2
Germain 1
Lemar 1
Dirar 1

He's lost Mendy & Silva who are genuine losses, but Boschilia will replace Silva and could be as good in time, if he returns from injury the same player. Lemar is only getting better and the 2 LB's they got to replace Mendy aren't bad. More creativity in midfield with Tielemans over Bakayoko too.

I don't think he needs to worry about lack of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.