Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dembele seemed as good as Mbappe in the recent international. (The poster that started the Dembele thread a couple of years ago reckoned that Dembele was better than Martial.)
Has @Dax777 compared Dembele and Mbappe? Would he be a viable alternative?

That's not true though. We tried to buy Mbappé last summer, when Monaco had only played him half a dozen times.

He's been known about for years - it's why Monaco went out and got him as a kid from Paris and it's why in his words, Madrid have been trying to buy him since he was 14.

People need to stop acting like this is a decision based off one season. This is a kid who people have been expecting to be a superstar for years, and last season just confirmed he's the real deal.

If he had gone to Madrid at 14, He would be in some C team of second division right now

People here are often obsessed with "kids at our ranks". Mind you, Foden and Diaz look great quality but I've heard the same for some guys who went from City to never be heard about again - why don't we try them. Top quality will get their chance when time is right, others won't. Some good ones will slip through our hands, it's part of the game, just look how many good ones Barca lost through years.
This. Only a tiny fraction of oncoming teenage stars reach the required level as the gap between the youth and grown-ups in football is huge. Deulofeu was touted as next Messi and Ronaldo in one package. Was ripping teams apart at Euro U17 being 16 yo with the assistance of a future superstar Paco Alcacer, and only the magic of Chelsea prodigy Gael Kakuta stopped Spain from winning in the final game. Do I have to remind where these players are now? You can revisit teenage NT teams of previous years and try to find familiar names. Hint: there aren't a lot of them.

Back to topic: Mbappe is not a 'potential' only, he's a readymade quality and a unique talent, one has to be blind to not acknowledge it. He's better than Messi at the same age, what else should be said? I'd struggle to name 3 teenagers of the same quality from 25 yrs that I watch football - only Ronaldo and Raul come to mind. Maybe Owen and Anelka, but Mbappe is significantly better.

Edit: Dembele is phenomenal as well.

Last edited:
That's not true though. We tried to buy Mbappé last summer, when Monaco had only played him half a dozen times.

He's been known about for years - it's why Monaco went out and got him as a kid from Paris and it's why in his words, Madrid have been trying to buy him since he was 14.

People need to stop acting like this is a decision based off one season. This is a kid who people have been expecting to be a superstar for years, and last season just confirmed he's the real deal.

Would we have spent 180 million on him last summer?? I doubt it

And he actually already had 11 first team appearances under his belt by last summer so if anything it proves the point further

Diaz and Foden have been known about for years too and on all the top clubs radars. They just haven't been given a chance yet to show what they can do at senior level - they could flop, or they could be like Mbappe, but we won't know until we try them

Anyone getting Mmuffine on their shirt then?

Ha - fantastic
K2ENmCd.jpg

I think there's no chance that we could get both. Getting just one of them would be a huge bonus for the season ahead.
I think this is the thing people need to remember. Either of those two players would be great signings but let's not forget we still have head and shoulders the best array of attacking talent in the league. Witjout mbappe and Sanchez teams will drool at what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.