Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind you questioning the price, you've got right to do it as prices quoted are extravagant. Though I don't think anyone will pay them. 100-120 mil. should do it.

But if people who's football is much better than mine and yours, and not only from City but many other top clubs, think is ready enough and good investment for 10 years to come, why would you bother questioning them. I'm not sure how good he is, haven't watched him at all but in our games, but the boy scored in Champions League, against big boys just as he did in France. Everybody is crazy about him, everybody thinks he's one of the greatest talents in recent times, he's scoring goals, put the price beside and think isn't he worth a risk over the player who'd give us 2-3 years of service at top. we'll have enough to worry bout replacing Aguero who is similar age as Sanchez, imagine both of them. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't take Sanchez if Mbappe is not available or if we could get both but everything points that Mbappe is worth of the risk. we were throwing millions on all kind of average players, younger and older, so why not have a risk at a player that lot of people find as the next huge one. If we failed, it own't be the first or last time, but if we hit it, he might be the one to carry us to number of trophies in next decade.
Tbf there were people at city who thought it was a good idea to sign Bony for 27 million.

Im not saying that Mbappe isn't going to be a class player but 1) the fees quoted for a guy whose had less than 20 starts (according to that sky sports article) in the French league is silly 2) I personally would rather have Sanchez as imo hes proven that hes the best in the league while with Mbappe you can never tell how an 18 year would adapt to the english league especially with the pressure coming from such a high price tag. Personally I think he'll stay another year at Monaco, if he carries on banging them in the CL and french league then next summer the big sides will be more willing to stump up the money.

Mbappe is a year and a half older than Foden, and 9 months older than Brahim. The reason we are now possibly looking at paying well over £100 for Mbappe is that 18 months ago while he was still growing his pubes Monaco were willing to give him a some game time and last season made him a core part of their team.

That's not true though. We tried to buy Mbappé last summer, when Monaco had only played him half a dozen times.

He's been known about for years - it's why Monaco went out and got him as a kid from Paris and it's why in his words, Madrid have been trying to buy him since he was 14.

People need to stop acting like this is a decision based off one season. This is a kid who people have been expecting to be a superstar for years, and last season just confirmed he's the real deal.

That's not true though. We tried to buy Mbappé last summer, when Monaco had only played him half a dozen times.

He's been known about for years - it's why Monaco went out and got him as a kid from Paris and it's why in his words, Madrid have been trying to buy him since he was 14.

People need to stop acting like this is a decision based off one season. This is a kid who people have been expecting to be a superstar for years, and last season just confirmed he's the real deal.
That's right, mbappe been on the radar for a lot of big clubs for a few years now

People here are often obsessed with "kids at our ranks". Mind you, Foden and Diaz look great quality but I've heard the same for some guys who went from City to never be heard about again - why don't we try them. Like Lopes who went to Monaco and failed to find the place in their team. But he was supposed to have one at City with Silva and KDB around him. Yeah, sure.

Top quality will get their chance when time is right, others won't. Some good ones will slip through our hands, it's part of the game, just look how many good ones Barca lost through years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.