Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the statement aspect.

Everything flows from the football. I thiught he was spectacular last season. How many times do you need to see him before you're convinced. technique and pace like has, all the skills that he had on display against City and the other teams last season don't just vanish overnight. Our eyes weren't deceiving us.

I don't understand why there are quite a few fans saying "Oh it's too much". Would they say that about messi. This make more sense because of his age. Anyway, what we think is irrelevant. We'll get a barrage of abuse from other clubs but bring it on. I'd love to go into the Derby and Chelsea matches etc with him in the side.

Not interested in Sanchez. He's on a level with what we have. Mbappe on the other hand is a player who can bridge the gap. he's the type of player that teams like bayern, Real Madrid and barca have that in the big games win you matches. But we don't want him because he's too expensive? It's not our money is it. If City think they can spend £100m plus, and make it nack in spades then do it, and don't worry about it.

Fair fucks.

I would take signing the best player (or at least top three) in the league over a guy whose played less than 50 games in france for a quarter of the price.
The club pretty much has to win the league this season after the past three poor ones and signing someone like Sanchez who is pretty much a no risk signing would go a long way to securing that title. The club needs instant success now so im not bothered about Sanchez age we would get two or three seasons out him. We have Sane and Jesus who are very young are gonna be superstars anyway. I think anything over a 100 million for Mbappe no matter how much is potential is utter madness even in todays market.
£90m for Lukaku is madness. paying double for a player on another level is not. What's your valuation of a young Messi in today's market?

I would take signing the best player (or at least top three) in the league over a guy whose played less than 50 games in france for a quarter of the price.
The club pretty much has to win the league this season after the past three poor ones and signing someone like Sanchez who is pretty much a no risk signing would go a long way to securing that title. The club needs instant success now so im not bothered about Sanchez age we would get two or three seasons out him. We have Sane and Jesus who are very young are gonna be superstars anyway. I think anything over a 100 million for Mbappe no matter how much is potential is utter madness even in todays market.

I don't mind you questioning the price, you've got right to do it as prices quoted are extravagant. Though I don't think anyone will pay them. 100-120 mil. should do it.

But if people who's football is much better than mine and yours, and not only from City but many other top clubs, think is ready enough and good investment for 10 years to come, why would you bother questioning them. I'm not sure how good he is, haven't watched him at all but in our games, but the boy scored in Champions League, against big boys just as he did in France. Everybody is crazy about him, everybody thinks he's one of the greatest talents in recent times, he's scoring goals, put the price beside and think isn't he worth a risk over the player who'd give us 2-3 years of service at top. we'll have enough to worry bout replacing Aguero who is similar age as Sanchez, imagine both of them. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't take Sanchez if Mbappe is not available or if we could get both but everything points that Mbappe is worth of the risk. we were throwing millions on all kind of average players, younger and older, so why not have a risk at a player that lot of people find as the next huge one. If we failed, it own't be the first or last time, but if we hit it, he might be the one to carry us to number of trophies in next decade.

True, but Monaco is not shopping at main street nor they fans expect them to win each trophy. I've seen more than few blues pretty angry we haven't won anything last year and some even doubting Pep as a top manager.

We'll never give our own youth as much chances as those kind of clubs, we'll always look to get finished and tested products first unless we have absolute gems. Because we want trophies NOW and because managers have huge pressure on their back to deliver them. What Pep is currently doing with getting our team younger is already brave as fuck, lot of guys would play Aguero until he can walk. Just like they did with Zab. Foden and Diaz might be gems but Foden won't get any significant time at club like City being barely 17 years old. Nor he should even if he was twice talent of Messi. You don't want to burn your gem at that age on this level. The pressure is high for seasoned professionals, let alone for a kid.

I stand corrected for Diaz as I thought he is younger. He could get some games this season though some loan, I'd rather PL than Spain or Eredivisie, would be better for him.

Mate I don't think your logic could be more inconsistent if you tried - you are now saying we shouldn't play our own kids because you will burn them out, and it will put too much pressure on them, but you want to spend 180 million on an 18 yr old from another team? Do you see Mbappe playing for the EDS is it?

By the way I think we should buy Mbappe if the opportunity is there, my original post was just showing the incoherence of arguing that Foden and Brahim are too young to be given a chance while simultaneously suggesting we spunk a world record fee on a guy a few months older

Mate I don't your logic could be more inconsistent if you tried - you are now saying we shouldn't play our own kids because you will burn them out, and it will put too much pressure on them, but you want to spend 180 million on an 18 yr old from another team? Do you see Mbappe playing for the EDS is it?

By the way I think we should buy Mbappe if the opportunity is there, my original post was just showing the incoherence of arguing that Foden and Brahim are too young to be given a chance while simultaneously suggesting we spunk a world record fee on a guy a few months older

It's because you just look at age of them all and think - hey, mbappe is not much older. He is not much older but he already passed the line of the big boys. Ligue 1 great - check. Champions League great - check. French team - check. Foden is 17 years old kid and at that age niether him or any other in the future won't get lot of minutes at City. Period. They'll either have to wait or earn their experience on loans. How many players started at 17 at big clubs who have ambitions to win Champions League? Messi played 75 minutes for Barca in the season he was 17.

I think there's no chance that we could get both. Getting just one of them would be a huge bonus for the season ahead.

I'm sort of going to feel bad for Sanchez if he turns down Bayern and PSG for us and then we go off and buy Mbappé.

I suppose we could blame Wenger.

Madrid will eventually need someone to try and replace Ronaldo, Same with Messi at Barca (obvs that was Neymar) but hes going.

Thats why everyones looking at Mbappe, Dembele, Dybala and realising soon enough they will need to be bought to (try) replace big names who aren't getting any younger, if Mbappe has another good season at Monaco then a lot more clubs will be wanting him, thats why Madrid and City are willing to spend big this season. The prices are so high because theres not many young forwards playing at a top level atm. Mbappe proved in the CL v us and other teams he's capable.

Same with Sergio and as someone mentioned, if clubs know you need a certain position then the price goes higher.

Mate I don't your logic could be more inconsistent if you tried - you are now saying we shouldn't play our own kids because you will burn them out, and it will put too much pressure on them, but you want to spend 180 million on an 18 yr old from another team? Do you see Mbappe playing for the EDS is it?

Mbappe plays for the French national side and had a great CL showing. Are Foden and Brahim anywhere near their national team? 18 year olds aren't all created equally, look at Jesus (winning stuff in Brazil) and back in the day Shredded wheat head.

I don't mind you questioning the price, you've got right to do it as prices quoted are extravagant. Though I don't think anyone will pay them. 100-120 mil. should do it.

But if people who's football is much better than mine and yours, and not only from City but many other top clubs, think is ready enough and good investment for 10 years to come, why would you bother questioning them. I'm not sure how good he is, haven't watched him at all but in our games, but the boy scored in Champions League, against big boys just as he did in France. Everybody is crazy about him, everybody thinks he's one of the greatest talents in recent times, he's scoring goals, put the price beside and think isn't he worth a risk over the player who'd give us 2-3 years of service at top. we'll have enough to worry bout replacing Aguero who is similar age as Sanchez, imagine both of them. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't take Sanchez if Mbappe is not available or if we could get both but everything points that Mbappe is worth of the risk. we were throwing millions on all kind of average players, younger and older, so why not have a risk at a player that lot of people find as the next huge one. If we failed, it own't be the first or last time, but if we hit it, he might be the one to carry us to number of trophies in next decade.

They'll be another young player who bursts onto the scene next season who will score a hatful of goals. They'll also be another the season after and so on. It always happens and what keeps football interesting!

Mbappe looks a real talent but it's not like there are not other great players with potential out there. We've already got a few in our ranks!

You'd think we're on par with Bayern and Madrid the way some people make out. Let's win a league by at least 6 points before turning our noses up at the likes of Sanchez.

We need players for the here and now and Sanchez guarantees an extra 25 goals (assists included). His mentality alone could be the difference between us winning the CL and not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.