Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without wishing to urinate long and hard over this thread, can PB or some like minded mathematical soul can tell me how we can possibly spend another £150 odd million on top of the £215m we've already spent and possibly comply with FFP? If the answer is some sort of Neymar style finagle (hope GDM approves of that one) involving third parties from the UAE, then I'd be inclined to give it a wide berth given what cnuts UEFA are.....

The fee is not paid up front all at once. Also, for FFP accounting, I believe that the fee is amortised over the duration of the contract. So, over a five year contract, we'd be paying £30m per year. As a comparison, £60m for Sanchez on a 3 year contract would be amortised at £20m per year.

Players like Mbappe don't come around every year. This is a once in a decade opportunity. Pep isn't going to be here for ever. If there is any chance whatsoever that we can get this guy then I'm sure that the club will do everything possible regardless of the fee.

So in terms of certainty, is this on the same level of certainty that Pogba was joining last season

How does it compare to the 'Sanchez is definitely coming' this season level of certainty
Above Debruyne and Walker in likelihood but not as nailed on as Pogba and Kaka

So this Nike photoshoot couldn't be done in say Monaco with a Mediterranean backdrop , yachts , fast cars and fast women it had to be done in Manchester and it had to have a fast city player just happen to drop by ???
Well it was another Nike poster boy involved, our own Leroy, who did have club commitments in Manchester today.

It does all appear a bit strangely coincidental though.

Its still absolutely wild to me that he was in Manchester today for a Nike photoshoot, surely a word could have been had with him.

Opportunities like this only come by every decade or so. It would be a colossal mistake not to go all in for him. If the club has ambitions to compete every year for the UCL, and we know that they do, then you have to break the bank for the best players in the world. For me, Mbappe is the final piece in the jigsaw. We'd have one of the best squads in world football.

So this Nike photoshoot couldn't be done in say Monaco with a Mediterranean backdrop , yachts , fast cars and fast women it had to be done in Manchester and it had to have a fast city player just happen to drop by ???
Maybe it was an "in the hood" type photoshoot. The Hotel de Paris wouldn't really cut it as a backdrop.

Yea his club commitment was to go round with a pen and a contract !!!!! I just find this so called Nike photoshoot a bit strange I mean it's not as if Manchester has all the world's photo studios!!!!! I am sure if photos had to be taken then they could have found a studio closer to his current address or maybe they did !!! ??

The universe is rarely so lazy.
Indeed, and it could quite easily have been done in Madrid, or Paris, or Rome tomorrow, I doubt Nike would worry too much about the airfares.

With rumours that Pep was to speak with his advisors again this week, and other rumours from elsewhere, him being confirmed in Manchester today is significant.

I wonder if he has stayed the night, and where, and who he met for dinner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.