Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it a legal requirement that the player pays the fee to La Liga? So that statement is technically wrong even if PSG gave Neymar the cash.
No, not when PSG account for it in their books it isn't. It certainly wasn't paid by Neymar, look at the cheque, it's unlikely he has a QNB account (Qatar National Bank) and it's not his signature on it either.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/cheque-bought-neymar-222m-092612889.html

Would have been quicker to write "oh sorry, I was wrong about the third party paying the money as a FFP dodge, hadn't seen that report".

I think some people in this thread should go and have a lie down they've obviously got "Jim Whititis" or a severe case of "affrontary"

No, not when PSG account for it in their books it isn't. It certainly wasn't paid by Neymar, look at the cheque, it's unlikely he has a QNB account (Qatar National Bank) and it's not his signature on it either.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/cheque-bought-neymar-222m-092612889.html

Would have been quicker to write "oh sorry, I was wrong about the third party paying the money as a FFP dodge, hadn't seen that report".

Lot's of conflicting reports tbh. They may well be able to afford 222 mil in one go in one window. Doubtful, but possible. One thing is for sure, those books will be scrutinised majorly. IF they have been doped, it's a disgrace, but it will be a year before we even get a hint of it and I'm sure there's all manner of creative accounting and new sponsorship deals in the works in the meantime.

Lot's of conflicting reports tbh. They may well be able to afford 222 mil in one go in one window. Doubtful, but possible. One thing is for sure, those books will be scrutinised majorly.

IF they have been doped, it's a disgrace, but it will be a year before we even get a hint of it and I'm sure there's all manner of creative accounting and new sponsorship deals in the works in the meantime.
No conflicting reports from their owners. (The only people that matter)

But why do you think it's doubtful they can afford 222m euros in one window? You do know it's not all accounted for in this window? It's still amortised over the length of the contract. It's no more doubtful than City being being able to afford all of our transfers and our revenues are very similar. We have spent more though and are looking to increase that spend.

You last paragraph would fit in perfectly on red cafe and RAWK in a thread about City. It's a joke.

theyve spent less than us and we are still after Sanchez and Mbappe for fucks sake.

To be fair, that's not the end of the story - their TV and commercial revenues are a something like a couple hundred million euros a year less than ours.

And they haven't dumped 13 players or whatever it is. A 20 year old returning from loan peanuts has gone for 3m, one 11m player replaced another, and a reserve keeper on a free - I don't know what he was on but I doubt it was more than Willy. Maxwell has retired but Alves will be on vastly higer wages. The first team squad is 30 strong, and studded with big names and pay packets.

FFS they have an income similar (about 350 Mill) to ours (thats passed UEFA inspection no matter what you think). I imagine their wage bill is currently about the same as ours 50% which leaves 175 mIllion a year to do what the fuck they want with minus current ammortised player costs lets say 80 Million (not sure if these figures are available, I know ours are)
222 Million Euros or 193 Million quid ammortised over 5 years is approx 40 Million a year plus wages lets say 400k a week = 20 Million approx. So 60 Million a year that they have 95 Million to pay for. Simplistic view of the finances but it's not hard to see how they can easily afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.