Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were doing exactly the same buying young players with potential to play for them for years, so I don't see your point except not being objective.. Areola, Drexler, Marquinos, Rabiot, Veratti, Kurzawa, Neymar, Pastore, Moura, Kimpembe.. all bought in early 20s, most below 25 even now and all except Neymar and Moura took a part in their opening game this season. And that is the reason why they spent less than us in last two years - because they were buying pretty good earlier and had less transfer errors than us. They had less Nastasics, Savics, Mangalas and Bonys who we were buying and replacing next summer and had space to take a pause and come back big like they are doing this summer and hopefully something we'll be able to do after this summer. Overall, they spent 300m less than us in last 10 years and are at about the same level so I don't see what right we have to watch under our noses at them, either football or finance related.

And yeah, I'm bit raggish in wanting us to buy all best players if we can, but I'm certainly not raggish in wanting FFP to help us in that. I hope FFP rot in hell.

They've bombed on: krychowiak, ben arfa, Jesé, Guedes, Di Maria already seems to be out so they've had their fair share of players they need to offload that haven't quite worked out

I am not sure why you think Qatar's PSG is going to escape without sanction IF they are really going to bid for Mbappe. Unless they have a cunning plan. MCFC is not the centre of he world for UEFA. FFP was in the pipepline before MCFC made an impact and the English clubs hijacked it and made sure it was written in such a way to hurt City. UEFA might have stitched City up, but they don't exist to stitch City up. If PSG fall foul of their regs, they'll do them too, especially given the current diplomatic row.
Not entirely correct as I recall. Both Milan clubs, Burlusconi and Morratti, and Abromovic approached Plattini and "convinced" him to "do something about this". The "this" was clearly city at the time. Since then city have complied and the two Milan clubs have found two new owners who have again "convinced" UEFA to change the rules so they can do what city were trying to do at the time (invest or financial doping as the American parasitic owners of certain English clubs like to call it) but overtly not changing the rules to stop city (and now PSG) from further investment. I guess that these rules will change again when the Milan clubs want to invest more in the future. It was borne from a will to stop City, no doubt about that and I believe that we are still the benchmark for the rules, for whatever reason.

There's a difference between commenting on FFP and championing FFP. I couldn't care less whether PSG break FFP rules. I think most people are in agreement that it's a pile of crap designed to perpetuate the monopoly of the traditional European giants and stymie competition. It has clearly failed anyway, but that won't stop UEFA imposing huge fines and sanctions. And that will affect the transfer market and, in particular, City's transfer business. It's ironic that FFP might actually work in our favour in this instance. Bet they weren't expecting that!

As far as City and PSG are concerned FFP is already dead. Both clubs are in and can compete with any big boy at the market now. They lost.

giphy.gif

Like Neymar? PSG as a club are showing their ambition this summer just by who they're targeting and how unapologetic they've been about it. You've said that he'd be guaranteed a title every year but they didn't win it last season. Monaco did so PSG have come out swinging and dramatically improved their own squad by signing some of the very best players from some of the very best clubs in Europe. I just hope we're offering what they are and then the rest is up to him.

Absolutely like Neymar. One of the top 3 players in the World playing in France is a disgrace. No doubt PSG have ambitions but Neymar...no fucking way. His only ambition is fame and money and he just proved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.