Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If PSG are willing to pay £150m you can be sure Monaco will sell to PSG

Unless of course another team meets that cost which I doubt any will
If I was Mbappe's agent I'd be wanting to know what assurances PSG can give that they will be playing Champions League football in 2018-19.

If I was Mbappe's agent I'd be wanting to know what assurances PSG can give that they will be playing Champions League football in 2018-19.
Should they be fearing a particular omittion due to their spending? And if so, how far are we from the safety line?

PSG havent just opened that door with the Neymar transfer, they have blown it off its hinges and now more than ever, we should just get on with whatever business we want too.

City knew how this was going to play out in June. Did they think he'd come for the same fee as Lukaku ? Belotti ? Morata ? Nah. They new it'd be an eye watering deal. Pep is desperate for the lad hence the personal courtship. This is about the board/chairman/owners making a call.

Maybe I'm wrong and being harsh and this is a negotiating tactic to try and drive the price down. Monaco IMO wont sell to PSG under any circumstances. Perez says Bale stays. By the last week of August we could be the only team genuinely in for him.

Oh don't get me wrong. Right now publicly at at least that's what is happening. There's a reason the British press won't touch Mbappe to City. City have killed it dead by saying there's zero chance of us paying what Monaco want.

Frankly in the 9 years they've been in charge this is the first time I'm bitterly disappointed in Abu Dhabi's attitude to a transfer. Being nice trying to play fair is fucking pointless when you're relentlessly being called out for being huge spenders. The idea we aren't doing the deal due to FFP is false. It's the apparent principle of paying a fee that size. Go figure.
Nothing wrong with that. They've spent £1.2B on transfers since 2008 and you, along with others, think they should just sanction spending as much on one player as they have in virtually any transfer window, except for this current one? It would also equate to over 15% of the total transfer fees paid, on a single player. Sounds like madness, in that context. Also, people comparing a kid with 41 league appearances and 16 goals to Neymar, with 122 in 226 (for Brazil its 52 in 77), is nonsensical in the extreme.
This lad might end up being the superstar to end all superstars but, then again...

I'm fine with the club wanting to pay the rumored 180m euro that's an insane amount and if the club think it's too much despite Mbappe' talent that's fine by me

City knew how this was going to play out in June. Did they think he'd come for the same fee as Lukaku ? Belotti ? Morata ? Nah. They new it'd be an eye watering deal. Pep is desperate for the lad hence the personal courtship. This is about the board/chairman/owners making a call.

Maybe I'm wrong and being harsh and this is a negotiating tactic to try and drive the price down. Monaco IMO wont sell to PSG under any circumstances. Perez says Bale stays. By the last week of August we could be the only team genuinely in for him.

Wasn't it Khaldoon that said "if we need to take a punch, we'll take a punch".

If there's any hint we're going to get a transfer ban over that kid we signed, just double down and get Mbappe in the door right now.

Otherwise, we learned nothing from FFP sanctions where we played nice and got screwed anyways, while simultaneously PSG just said "fuck it" and ended up much stronger than us and got the same bloody sanctions.

Wasn't it Khaldoon that said "if we need to take a punch, we'll take a punch".

If there's any hint we're going to get a transfer ban over that kid we signed, just double down and get Mbappe in the door right now.

Otherwise, we learned nothing from FFP sanctions where we played nice and got screwed anyways, while simultaneously PSG just said "fuck it" and ended up much stronger than us and got the same bloody sanctions.

We would get banned from Europe if we went over ffp.

It would be the end of Pep & maybe Jesus, Sane etc would then follow him out the door.

If the money is right Monaco will sell to PSG

They could buy a new team on his money alone, leaving it short though to bring players in now.

Understand it's a main rival but it's a lot of money to cut your nose off to spite your face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.