Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which seems entirely fair enough, doesn't it? Whiskey nose moaned about there being no value in the market for his last 10 years at least, and seemed to do quite well on the results front.

Not being taken for mugs, seems a pretty reasonable policy to me. Qatar may not give a shit, but our owners presumably do, and I for one am fine with that.

We gave a shit when we refused to sanction buying RVP and look how that turned out.

We had a chance to put a stranglehold on the league and stagnated instead. We all(me included) justified it as madness to spend 30 mil on a 30 year old.

Look where we are now.

If they pull the trigger on Sanchez at 50 mil but not an 18 year old at 140 mil, that's madness.

We gave a shit when we refused to sanction buying RVP and look how that turned out.

We had a chance to put a stranglehold on the league and stagnated instead. We all(me included) justified it as madness to spend 30 mil on a 30 year old.

Look where we are now.

If they pull the trigger on Sanchez at 50 mil but not an 18 year old at 140 mil, that's madness.

You could also add Hazard to that list, sometimes an exceptional talent needs to be bought.

You could also add Hazard to that list, sometimes an exceptional talent needs to be bought.

Exactly. I get that FFP was a concern and our owners have tried to take the high road, but when the rags spent 100 mil on a bang average player when they'd no champs league football, the gloves were off.

Go buy them, go win things and then deal with the fallout. If we have the money, don't be embarrassed to spend it.

So how reliable is the source saying that PSG are backing off?

I think PSG are sending a message out and can see them buying this lad to upset the apple cart even more, all reasoning tells us that it isn't going to happen and that they can't have that much neck, but I think they just might have.

Hazard was our biggest mistake. Whole transfer would be less than 40 mil. And we would probably win all titles between with him.

I would happily pay 140m to Monaco and pay him about 150k a week in wages. The club need to realise that this is THE signing to put us on the map of challenging with the very best.

We can't afford to dither around moaning about the price, this kid is going to be one of the best of his generation for a very long time, City really need to be very aggressive with this deal, more so than others. This is our calling card now, time to start showing the world our arab oil money means business.

Hazard was our biggest mistake. Whole transfer would be less than 40 mil. And we would probably win all titles between with him.
Mbappe is a much more talanted forward, and can become a bigger mistake if we don't get him. We would need to wait 10-15 yrs for another chance to fight for such player.

Bit sceptical about that Jason Burt article. Would he really have the inside track on PSG? Why are no French media outlets reporting the same?
As you know he is their Chief Football Correspondent for the Telegraph group. He has also been writing about PSG moves for Sanchez (also dropped he says). He refers to senior sources in his Mbappe article so either he has contacted PSG or he believes someone else has.

I think it's significant, but it would be good to get similar story from a French source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.