Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I can't take any of this seriously. It sounds like what Liverpool, Arsenal and united fans have said about players who join us and it's equally as silly.

Um we play in the Premier League. There is a big difference....you really can't see it?

Mbappe is a much more talanted forward, and can become a bigger mistake if we don't get him. We would need to wait 10-15 yrs for another chance to fight for such player.
I rate him too. But it's very easy to get fixated on a player and lose all reason. eg Pogba. I know I do it. I see Arsenal fans doing it over lemar, Liverpool with Keita.

It's not like Sheik Mansour needs the cash to prop up his failing trailer trash malls though is it? In those circumstances, capital growth of the best part of a billion quid is likely more than satisfactory to him.

Our owner has dollars coming out of his ears via oil revenue and his job is to invest them so as you say cash is not anything he is short of.

You are therefore correct but its not like buying shares in a big company and waiting for them to develop, this is his Company apart from 13% to the Chinese so he employs ADUG to run it so where do they get their share from ?
Normally they would work off the profit and loss account from one year to the next to get a cut of the profits they generated via bonuses etc..
The balance sheet rewards arenormally reserved for those who own the Company.

Obviously our owner and his co shareholder will be the recipient of the increase in the value of the Company which can be realised as and when they want.

The old saying to those who work to expand companies is something like ´´income for show and profit for dough´´ and no doubt his officers will decide they must work on profitability if they want a share in the financial success growth brings to CFG.

There again maybe they are happy to work just for wages and simply carry out the wishes of our owner but I don´t think so they need to be rewarded.

Just an opinion of course but in my working life thats how it worked maybe I worked for the wrong people ?

Mbappe is a much more talanted forward, and can become a bigger mistake if we don't get him. We would need to wait 10-15 yrs for another chance to fight for such player.

Might be, I'm really not that familiar with Mbappe. But the difference is that Hazard's deal was well inside decent financial package, we backed for bloody 6 millions for his agent :(. He was extraordinary talent and the money Chelsea got him for became average next summer. Mbappe is definitely expensive risk. I believe football people who find him as special talent but it is lot of money for a kid.

The rules of the game change now PSG have Neymar and if we get Mbappe. There can be no breakaway if we have some of the best players. The old G14 are slowly losing control and are not as powerful as they think.
When their power ebbs away enough they'll invite us in and we will take our seat happily.

For all the angst we need them and they need us.

Might be, I'm really not that familiar with Mbappe. But the difference is that Hazard's deal was well inside decent financial package, we backed for bloody 6 millions for his agent :(. He was extraordinary talent and the money Chelsea got him for became average next summer. Mbappe is definitely expensive risk. I believe football people who find him as special talent but it is lot of money for a kid.
I see what you mean, Mbappe is a more 'risky' investment. But how do you think, considering the current market realities, would 120-150M be a reasonable price for 18 yo Messi? And Mbappe is clearly more impressive than LM at the same age.

We gave a shit when we refused to sanction buying RVP and look how that turned out.

We had a chance to put a stranglehold on the league and stagnated instead. We all(me included) justified it as madness to spend 30 mil on a 30 year old.

Look where we are now.

If they pull the trigger on Sanchez at 50 mil but not an 18 year old at 140 mil, that's madness.
Thats NOT true ref RVP. At the time we had 4-5 strikers and we wouldn`t guarantee that anyone would be shifted.On that basis he decided not to come.It had nothing to do with City pulling out of the deal.

Thats NOT true ref RVP. At the time we had 4-5 strikers and we wouldn`t guarantee that anyone would be shifted.On that basis he decided not to come.It had nothing to do with City pulling out of the deal.

At the time we had 4 and lost Tevez. So we had Kun, Balo and Dzeko, with Jovetic also being in the works.

We could have done that deal easily.

Instead we ended up with Jovetic and the rags ended up with the title.

I see what you mean, Mbappe is a more 'risky' investment. But how do you think, considering the current market realities, would 120-150M be a reasonable price for 18 yo Messi? And Mbappe is clearly more impressive than LM at the same age.

It would be same, nobody would know that Messi would go to become what he became. He is still a kid and he still can fail later in his career or at some club. Veron was established star but failed miserably at Rags.

But let me be straight - I am not really football accountant fan, if City wants to spend 300 million on him, I'm fine with it. And I don't care what media and other fan would say about it. But I understand people and clubs having second thoughts about numbers being reported, it's natural.

I would happily pay 140m to Monaco and pay him about 150k a week in wages. The club need to realise that this is THE signing to put us on the map of challenging with the very best.

We can't afford to dither around moaning about the price, this kid is going to be one of the best of his generation for a very long time, City really need to be very aggressive with this deal, more so than others. This is our calling card now, time to start showing the world our arab oil money means business.

we have to lett this paly out, IF its correct what they say that "The Telegraph, Jason Burt, has this afternoon reported that PSG will not make a £140million bid for Mbappé during this transfer window " then we are in the front, as Bale played yesretday for RM, our chanes for singnig Mbappe is good.
as far as price goes, they will work that out, they are probaly at the table negotiating...
30bde50928ce250373f5c5d089344106.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.