Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time we had 4 and lost Tevez. So we had Kun, Balo and Dzeko, with Jovetic also being in the works.

We could have done that deal easily.

Instead we ended up with Jovetic and the rags ended up with the title.

Van Persie was signed by United in the summer of 2012. City signed Jovetic in the summer of 2013. Tevez didn't leave until the summer of 2013 either (as already stated by another poster).

What's your take on our chances for Mbappe?

Think we're being played, personally....

This crap by numerous persons talking about the ethics attached to the deal is just an acceptance that we just don't know how to finalise deals of this magnitude..... yet

The timing couldn't be better if we wrote the script ourselves, PSG have to be supported in the move to take on UEFA, we have an opportunity to nail the corrupt bastards to the cross, and create a marketplace for competition..... I welcome further investment and competition, it's the only way these obscene salaries and transfers will stable off, simple economics!

French media are pro PSG, they have favorable paper coverage and their owner is Chairman or something like that of BeIn Sports which allows them global propaganda basically . That's why French outlets don't really put any other team on the same platform as PSG. That's really the only thing I envy about them is that they countered any potential negativity by already having the outlets in place meanwhile we have to read and hear everybody show their contempt against us when they should be for our success like outlets are for Madrid/Barca,Bayern,Juve and PSG. If we had lost the way PSG to Barca English media would still be talking about it.

This is false. The two largest newspapers in France are L'Equipe & Le'Parisien and neither have sources close to PSG. At one point relations between PSG and L'Equipe were so poor that the club refused their journalist access to its players. That said, the people who were first to the Mbappe case are Paris United, who have the upmost reliability, and a man by the name of Julien who's an inside source at Monaco. There's also Julien Maynard and Telefoot who've reported on contacts between PSG and Mbappe throughout the summer, but they were a bit late to the table with the most recent details of the story.

I say all this to say that to establish that Jason Burt is not credible whatsoever when it comes to PSG. He's never broken a story or even been close to the club so I find his article to be highly questionable/suspicious. From reports in France, Mbappe has chosen PSG out of a desire to play with Neymar as well as Nike wanting too associate Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, and Verratti for their 2018 WC campaign. Also, his father/agent prefers Paris. If not PSG, he will land at Madrid, though they seem to be backing away.

Tevez didn't leave that summer though did he? Pretty sure van persie went to the rags the summer before Tevez left. We started that season (12/13) with Tevez, Aguero, Balo and Dzeko and then Balo went on loan in January... Perhaps my memory is wrong though.
You are right,mp asked tevez to stay when he took over but he didn't want to

And I don't believe it for a second. With Carlos leaving there was a huge void of playing time there.

All indications at the time lead to it being a done deal, but we just wouldn't pull the trigger.

Easy to rewrite the narrative afterwards though.

ANYWAYS...

Mbappe. Lets ensure we grab him and have a decade of a world class player, rather than wonder "what if?"

I spend 99.9% of my City thoughts on "how fucking lucky are we", not wondering how much better it might have been, if only x, y or z. We won the lottery already.

I spend 99.9% of my City thoughts on "how fucking lucky are we", not wondering how much better it might have been, if only x, y or z. We won the lottery already.

Indeed mate, which is why it kills me that we took our foot off the throat of those fuckers that year, but it's a story for another thread.

Now any update on getting that cash over to Monaco? C'mon Txiki.

Indeed mate, which is why it kills me that we took our foot off the throat of those fuckers that year, but it's a story for another thread.

Now any update on getting that cash over to Monaco? C'mon Txiki.

I dunno pal, I mean obviously I'd be delighted if we signed Mmuffiné, of course I would. But equally, I think we have a fantastic squad already who are more than capable of winning the league as it is. I just hope we can keep Vinny fit and not suffer too many injuries generally. And hope our players grasp the opportunity in front of them. Finishing so far behind Chelsea last season was a shocker really, and I am not sure we'd have done a lot better if we had Mbap in the side then either. We just didn't perform well enough, and defended like schoolboys for the middle half of the season.

If we get McMuffin, then great. if not, I am still very happy.

A kind of little City big City mentality.
Of course we are lucky, but the owners are amitious and so should we be.

I prefer to call it "grateful" myself, and not self-entitled and arrogant. (Not saying you are that btw, but just a bit of humility is no bad thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.