Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he was originally valued at 120M euro's. expect we were willing to pay that, then they changed the asking price. City and R Madrid were not prepared to accept the change in valuation. We will see, but time is running out.
+1
I'd only add the following to your analysis - Mbappe was benched for Monaco's opener - this suggests that Monaco are open to selling Mbappe and don't want to risk an injury. Other interpretations of his benching are possible - but, the risk against injury due to a potential sale makes most sense to me.

You said PSG are ignoring FFP. They aren't. Three pages back are quotes from the finance director saying they'd have to sell quite a few players to make the deal work because of FFP.

How is gods name is that ignore it?
Because signing Neymar for as much as they did already broke any sense of FFP. Of course PSG are fretting about the signing of Neymar - Oh, man - oh man - it's so costly. And we could never ever sign Mbappe - etc., etc., etc. - And yet, they're hot in pursuit of Mbappe.

As a supposedly intelligent human being I ask you this - if you want to sign Mbappe would you:
a) Claim that price is no objective - we'll sign Mbappe whatever the cost;
or
b) Claim that FFP is a ruinous burden - we can hardly afford to sign Mbappe unless we sell half our club. The asking price for Mbappe is simply too much.

Me ? I have no idea or belief whether PSG will or won't pass FFP, I've no idea what their books will look like or who they will buy and sell. I'm not the one saying ' PSG are ignoring FFP'
Well said - I too have no direct knowledge of this - but rely on knowledgeable pundits to inform me.

Meanwhile you're confident that I'm not a true City fan. Because I disagree with you.

So yeah - forgive me for disbelieving any of your "astute" insights.

Because signing Neymar for as much as they did already broke any sense of FFP. Of course PSG are fretting about the signing of Neymar - Oh, man - oh man - it's so costly. And we could never ever sign Mbappe - etc., etc., etc. - And yet, they're hot in pursuit of Mbappe.

As a supposedly intelligent human being I ask you this - if you want to sign Mbappe would you:
a) Claim that price is no objective - we'll sign Mbappe whatever the cost;
or
b) Claim that FFP is a ruinous burden - we can hardly afford to sign Mbappe unless we sell half our club. The asking price for Mbappe is simply too much.
FFP is defined by written rules and numbers, not by your 'sense'. Genuine question: are you acquainted with the general numbers in PSG's accounting books? Or at least with the net spending sums of last 3 years? What makes you think City are in better financial position regarding possible signing of Mbappe?

And talking about 'sense': FFP was (at least officially) introduced to defend clubs from careless spending. Not to block further investment in the sport.

FFP is defined by written rules and numbers, not by your 'sense'. Genuine question: are you acquainted with the general numbers in PSG's accounting books? Or at least with the net spending sums of last 3 years? What makes you think City are in better financial position regarding possible signing of Mbappe?

And talking about 'sense': FFP was (at least officially) introduced to defend clubs from careless spending. Not to block further investment in the sport.
I'm not at all familiar with the terms of PSG's deal for Neymar - but I very much trust Gab Marcotti - who has looked into this and who claims that the deal makes no financial sense whatsoever.

I'm not at all sure why you think that I claim that City are in a better financial position to sign Mbappe than are PSG - I made no such claims. However I do tend to think that if no further transfers occur in this window - that City are far less likely than PSG to face FFP repecussions - so perhaps that's what you're referring to - again I've no personal knowlege about this - I'm simply relying on Marcotti - whom I very much trust.
=========
Yup - I'm aware of the intent of FFP. But the intent is far removed from the actual effect - the effect of FFP is to freeze in place the top clubs in Europe.

Never said anything of the sort.
PSG are saying Mbappe is nearly impossible because of FFP, that's not ignoring FFP, so far they have spent the same as us and we are still looking for players. You sound like an opposing fan talking about us with no knowledge of their situation.
Yup - once again you're spot on.

I'm not at all familiar with the terms of PSG's deal for Neymar - but I very much trust Gab Marcotti - who has looked into this and who claims that the deal makes no financial sense whatsoever.

I'm not at all sure why you think that I claim that City are in a better financial position to sign Mbappe than are PSG - I made no such claims. However I do tend to think that if no further transfers occur in this window - that City are far less likely than PSG to face FFP repecussions - so perhaps that's what you're referring to - again I've no personal knowlege about this - I'm simply relying on Marcotti - whom I very much trust.
=========
Yup - I'm aware of the intent of FFP. But the intent is far removed from the actual effect - the effect of FFP is to freeze in place the top clubs in Europe.
Hmm..Could you post the link to Marcotti's article, please? Struggling to find it.

If Monaco are adamant they won't sell to a Ligue 1 rival I expect he will join us..It's a big If though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.