Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Neymar signing may or may not make sense from a footballing persective, but from a financial perspective, there's nothing at all wrong with it other that to question whether the money is spent wisely, or would have been better spend on alternatives.

Clearly PSG judge that the footballing advantage, combined with the marketing opportunities and potential for increased commercial revenue, warranted the investment. That's their judgement and whereas others might have a different opinion, that's all they can have. No-one who is not party to PSG's detailed management accounts can have anything other than an opinion.
And yet the all the details of this trade are public. Gab Marcotti - and others - can look at these details - and can look at expected revenue from signing Neymar and can then compare this evaluation against FFP rules.

Marcotti's evaluation - the signing makes no financial sense - it'a lose money proposition big time. The only reason for the signing is to win the UCL.

Which - again - I have zero problem with whatsoever.

My problem is with the FFP rule itself.

I suggest you download and have a read of the FFP rules if you want to engage in debate. The effect of FFP making investing in small clubs less attractive to potential wealthy outside owners, was recognised as a shortcoming of the rules by UEFA, hence the modifications to the rules.

So your comments above are misinformed.
And I suggest that you look for Gab Marcotti's article about FFP and its effect.

And yet the all the details of this trade are public. Gab Marcotti - and others - can look at these details - and can look at expected revenue from signing Neymar and can then compare this evaluation against FFP rules.

Utter tosh. How much is PSG's commercial revenue going to increase by? You must know, since all the details are public. Of course none of this is public, so in reality you are talking bollocks. All we know is the cost side of the equation (and even that, I doubt we know all the details). But we have no clue about PSG's detailed management accounts, business plans nor projected revenue streams. NO CLUE. And therefore, no ability to judge whether the deal makes sense or not.

Marcotti's evaluation - the signing makes no financial sense - it'a lose money proposition big time. The only reason for the signing is to win the UCL.

He has no way of knowing, and is simply expressing his opinion. He's almost certainly wrong, imo.

My problem is with the FFP rule itself.
It would help if you actually knew what the rules were then.

And I suggest that you look for Gab Marcotti's article about FFP and its effect.

Nope, they are not. I've actually studied the FFP documentation from the beginning; CLEARLY you have not. I'm beginning to thing you are just trolling now.

Utter tosh. How much is PSG's commercial revenue going to increase by? You must know, since all the details are public. Of course none of this is public, so in reality you are talking bollocks. All we know is the cost side of the equation (and even that, I doubt we know all the details). But we have no clue about PSG's detailed management accounts, business plans nor projected revenue streams. NO CLUE. And therefore, no ability to judge whether the deal makes sense or not.

He has no way of knowing, and is simply expressing his opinion. He's almost certainly wrong, imo.

It would help if you actual knew what the rules were then.
Wow!

I'm so wrong.

Give me your number please - I want to be your agent! You're obviously much smarter than stupid ole Gab and are a true pundit. I want to book you for one of the top TV stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.