Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with you. Apart from anything else, since when can you only make posts on here based on facts? Since when are opinions not "fair comment"? Silly opening line from you.

There's been much speculation about PSG not being able to afford Mbappe (and Neymar for that matter) without falling foul of FFP, and I agree that was all conjecture and wishful thinking. But the post you replied to made some intelligent comments about their wages structure and cost base vs revenue stream going forward, which I think were pretty sensible and didn't at all deserve your "you haven't got a clue" tone in your response. Sure we don't know what commercial deals PSG have in the pipeline, but we do know that FFP will stop them from including inflated "sponsorship" revenue from related parties. And we also know - from our own experiences - how difficult it is to profitably offload players on huge wages.

As I say, it was all fair comment.
In which case any rubbish that anybody cares to type out is fair comment because it's an opinion.

In which case any rubbish that anybody cares to type out is fair comment because it's an opinion.

You're either being deliberately argumentative, or not thinking this through. I said it was fair comment because it was considered and reasonable, not "any rubbish".

You're either being deliberately argumentative, or not thinking this through. I said it was fair comment because it was considered and reasonable, not "any rubbish".
You asked the question " since when are opinions not "fair comment"?". That question implies that every opinion is fair comment. That being the case, what is an " unfair comment" because essentially that must be an opinion also.

And neither do you mate...

I get the feeling this is escalating into an argument and it's Friday (and sunny) so i'll just post my reasoning and leave it there...

We are above PSG in the earnings table and we didn't think Mbappe was worth it
Real Madrid are way above us both in the table and their valuation was the same as ours
The rags and Barca weren't interested - both of which are also above us in earnings

SO - 4 clubs didn't want to "pay whatever it takes" and 1 club earning less than those 4 did... ??
Their money, their choice.

You asked the question " since when are opinions not "fair comment"?". That question implies that every opinion is fair comment. That being the case, what is an " unfair comment" because essentially that must be an opinion also.

I'll file it under "deliberately argumentative" then ;-)

You can do what you want. Although it would have been nice if you could have told me why you think every opinion is "fair comment".

Oh FFS.

You said, "It's fair comment if it's based in fact." i.e. if it's not based on fact, it's not fair comment.

I replied, "Since when are opinions not "fair comment"?" i.e. since when are only facts allowable as fair comments.

This does not mean, nor even imply any old shite is fair comment. At what point exactly, did I tell you "every opinion is fair comment"? Not at any time.

He expressed a perfectly reasonable, considered opinion, which I think was a fair comment. If all anyone was allowed to say on here had to be backed up with indisputable evidence, it would be a very boring forum indeed.

Now stop being a prat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.