Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, all day long. We've fannied around since 2012, never really gone and blown anyone and everyone out with a mega-deal. This would be such a deal. It would be a superb signing in so many ways, on and off the pitch. On it, this kid could become our talisman striker for years to come. Off it, it lays down a marker; we won't be beaten on price. Is he worth it? Who gives a fuck? Ain't my dosh. Get. It. Spent.
It ain't your money but then you ain't making the decision. Those who are spending it will have to think hard about how to finance it and indeed, whether he's worth it.. However I do agree with the rest of your sentiments.

You think thats to try and convince City to spend on Mbappe? he's spent crazy money before and its worked because of how Alves turned out for Barca.

Not really. I think it's more a general point that transfers which look 'crazy' can often turn out to be fantastic value. When we bought Yaya people literally had heart attacks because were spending the equivalent in today's market of probably 50/60 million on what they deemed a DM.

All this talk and money and the little scally wag is only 18. Anyone remember Anthony Marital.........

To be fair to Martial, he looks a good player. There have been a few young and talented players who have gone astray and not prospered under PEG though, so I think it is unfair to judge him on last season.

Considering how the transfer market is at present, I would have him for 50 million. He is one player I reckon it would be worth a gamble on.

Not really. I think it's more a general point that transfers which look 'crazy' can often turn out to be fantastic value. When we bought Yaya people literally had heart attacks because were spending the equivalent in today's market of probably 50/60 million on what they deemed a DM.

It's funny how defensive midfielders and fullbacks are not credited with the importance they actually have.

Pundits have no problem saying how Moses and Alonso were cornerstones of Chelsea's win or how Walker and Rose are what Spurs team was based around.

They don't mind pointing out how the CL final was won in large part because Marcelo got the better of Alves.

They'll happily point to Navas and Clichy as the reason we're going so badly.

But god forbid anyone spend £50m on one.

The same was true of defensive mids in 2010. People were talking about how disastrous is was for Arsenal that they hadn't replaced Vieira and then move on to "in other news Manchester City have paid a disgusting amount for a defensive midfielder!"

It's funny how fullbacks are not credited with the importance they actually have.

Pundits have no problem saying how Moses and Alonso were cornerstones of Chelsea's win or how Walker and Rose are what Spurs team was based around.

They don't mind pointing out how the CL final was won in large part because Marcelo got the better of Alves.

It's only because we did it. United paid 32 million for Shaw which in today's market is easily 50 + million. Nobody batted an eyelid and of course everyone congratulated United on buying one of the most promising full backs in the country.

Your overall point is bang on too. Read a few opposition supporters laughing at the notion of 50 million pound full backs. Watch your team play against parked buses every week, see how much space the full backs get, then tell me they're not INTEGRAL to any team with any aspirations to win the PL title.

It's funny how defensive midfielders and fullbacks are not credited with the importance they actually have.

The same was true of defensive mids in 2010. People were talking about how disastrous is was for Arsenal that they hadn't replaced Vieira and then move on to "in other news Manchester City have paid a disgusting amount for a defensive midfielder!"
I think the point can be widened to all defensive players. Goalkeepers, CBs, FBs, and DMs. Everyone thinks they should go for peanuts for some reason which is bollocks as they're all just as crucial as any other player on the pitch imo. Also there are so few genuinely good defenders around at the moment, i don't see why anyone would think they should be half the price of attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.