Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

Might have been desperate for him but Levy said no.
Ange came to Celtic and the first thing he did was sign players from the markets he knew, Japan and Korea, he went to Spurs and so far has signed nobody from the Scottish league

Gerard went to Villa and signed nobody from Rangers.

The gap between the leagues is so huge now there are very few that make it.

As I said earlier I’d love him to leave Celtic but he’s nowhere near good enough for City.

How many of the people calling him “wank” or not good enough have ever actually watched him play bar a pre season game against us?

Understand the concerns regarding his injury but that’s the only real concern I can see at the moment.

If you haven’t watched him play as I’m sure 90% of the posters here haven’t, you can’t watch his highlights and be unsure whether he has the ‘potential’ to fit in here. Great movement, tidy in the final 3rd, 2 footed quick feet some decent finishes in his locker and even good with his head. It’s clear that IF he can make the step up to be a city squad player his game would 100% suit our attacking players.

Sure, the Scottish league is a farmers league. But it was the same for Henrik Larson and he did alright for Barca and the rags. By that logic we should never sign anyone who has never played in a big league - most players being targeted for the back up 9 role probably haven’t smashed it in a top league. He’s a back up player probably being signed for last 20 mins if we need a goal and have teams penned in or to allow Haaland a rest vs the shite. In a v important game if Haaland was missing we would probably go false 9 anyway. It’s unusual these days to have someone as good as Alvarez as a back up striker, not the norm as there is a real shortage of top number 9s in the world.

If his fitness isn’t a big problem and the fee isn’t huge it’s worth the punt.
Agree. Just watched a few highlights reels. Looks quick & lively. Wouldn't give defenders a moments peace. Some of the finishes most players wouldn't even think of attempting, let alone being able to carry them off. What impresses me he is so quick at getting in front of the defender to crosses coming in from wide areas. Some times I think our players are a bit slow to do.

Ange came to Celtic and the first thing he did was sign players from the markets he knew, Japan and Korea, he went to Spurs and so far has signed nobody from the Scottish league

Gerard went to Villa and signed nobody from Rangers.

The gap between the leagues is so huge now there are very few that make it.

As I said earlier I’d love him to leave Celtic but he’s nowhere near good enough for City.
if ur 30 and still in scotland then it means ur there for a reason, big pass

Could apply alot of the reasons (age, shit league etc) to Dinho and that turned out fine. For 20m its an easy risk to be had for me.

Could apply alot of the reasons (age, shit league etc) to Dinho and that turned out fine. For 20m its an easy risk to be had for me.

For the role required, it was easily going to be either promising youth or older player happy to be in a rotation. Tbh I'm surprised we are even looking at an attacker so getting someone in, at low cost, is a win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.