Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

He will be 30 in January which quite old for a City signing with the exception of Gundogan of course.

if ur 30 and still in scotland then it means ur there for a reason, big pass
Exactly. Scott Brown played his entire career in Scotland for a reason

There are decent Scottish youngsters that have done ok in England and Italy. I’d have said Lewis Ferguson might have been one to keep an eye on but got a serious knee injury end of last season.

Kyogo is decent enough in the SPFL. At very best bottom end of EPL / mid to top Championship

He will be 30 in January which quite old for a City signing with the exception of Gundogan of course.
It doesn't matter that much for the short to medium term and is a fairly cheaper. He is just here to provide cover and provide something a little different to what we have got . He looked sharp during the Celtic friendly and looks like he can finish chances. I agree about bringing in a younger player, that would have been ideal but that younger player would not accept sporadic game time.

Trying to sign a player for the role of Haaland understudy/back up isn’t going to be easy and automatically rules out several players who wouldn’t be willing to sit on the bench. Must of those players would be demanding bigger transfer fees and bigger wages as well.
This deal if done at around 15m sounds like a very pragmatic and sensible one.
People calling him shit aren’t really worth engaging with, they are judging him on the league he plays in.
If we’ve scouted him and given the nod to go for it then it’s because there’s a player in there who we feel can be good enough.

I can’t see us dropping 25m on him but if we do hey ho isn’t my money. Would be good for the squad for sure.

There has to be a youth player who we can promote. He’s hardly great, not at that price. Scoring goals in Scotland doesn’t equate quality. With a decent ref he’d struggle.

…only played in Japan and Scotland and isn't a regular for the national team isn't our usual profile…

Sometimes the Japan manager does not pick Europe-based players to avoid them missing games and travelling huge distances for qualifying matches against minnows like Mongolia or Laos. Don’t read too much into Japan team appearance stats, mate.

That is not to say he is good enough, obviously. I haven’t seen him much cos he plays for celtic so I have got no opinion either way.

If we are quoted anything over 10-12 mill for any 29-year-old footballer playing in Scotland, we should be looking elsewhere imo.

There has to be a youth player who we can promote. He’s hardly great, not at that price. Scoring goals in Scotland doesn’t equate quality. With a decent ref he’d struggle.
Again they are not ready to make the step up. He does have a good record and looks a tidy finisher going off the preason game, And as it been mentioned he is a player Pep's assitant knows well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.