Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

Yeah that fact makes me think it’s rubbish, when do city do opening bids. It’s all hush till the price is agreed. First bid is usually the last

People often say that, because an itk once said it. But it is most likely not true as we have seen multiple times. Clubs negotiate, and submit and reject offers if unhappy with amounts, terms, structure etc. Ours included.

But yeah I do think the claim itself is rubbish.

Bookies are offering odds on his 'replacement'

'list of odds for Kyogo transfer replacements
Lawrence Shankland 2/1
Hwang Hee-Chan 5/1
Aaron Connolly 6/1
Taiwo Awoniyi 13/2
Chris Wood 9/1
Tom Cannon 10/1
Raheem Sterling 14/1
Anthony Martial 25/1

Doesn't particularly mean anything other than a growing perception of an expectation he will be sold.

Also let's be honest, his stats look alright. Sure a couple of seasons ago, he got 27 goals, but last season, it was 19 in all competitions and only 14 in 38 in the league.
So he’s behind Cyriel Dessers and Lawrence Shankland?

You can get Shankland for £3 million

Personally I think he fits the role well. Good work rate and a decent finisher, has a knack for being in the right place. Age isn't a concern as we're especially looking for someone who doesn't expect to start right now but can offer a different option on the forward line.

Decent transfer fee, if it fails we don't stand to lose much. I'm not arsed about shirt sales either way.

Most pleasing is that we're obviously looking at a certain type of striker, hard working technically competent and low risk. If it doesn't come off, and I can't see why it wouldn't if we're just a few million away on valuation, then fine also, but could be that extra few goals a year that we need to keep our noses in front.

Bookies are offering odds on his 'replacement'

'list of odds for Kyogo transfer replacements
Lawrence Shankland 2/1
Hwang Hee-Chan 5/1
Aaron Connolly 6/1
Taiwo Awoniyi 13/2
Chris Wood 9/1
Tom Cannon 10/1
Raheem Sterling 14/1
Anthony Martial 25/1

Doesn't particularly mean anything other than a growing perception of an expectation he will be sold.

Sterling is on that list! Must be easy being a bookie. Take advantage of people who don’t know anything about football and watch free money roll in.

Also let's be honest, his stats look alright. Sure a couple of seasons ago, he got 27 goals, but last season, it was 19 in all competitions and only 14 in 38 in the league.
I think it's more his work rate and movement we are interested in. Also his wages will be pretty low and I would imagine that at his age if he joins he will be content to sit on bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.