La Liga 2013/14

JustAnotherCityFan said:
Malty said:
Ronaldo put his head in another player's face, red card all day long if that's what the ref is basing it on and not the slap.

The other guy should have been sent off too.

Both fanny's who should be sent off. But no matter what the other player did first you can't react like that which Ronaldo did, he fell for the trap.

Not often I agree with RAGcafe but..

Rescinded? You're having a fucking laugh. He could have gone for either incident when he raised his hands or the head to head. Iturraspe should be off too though. He deserves a red for appealing for a non-existent handball in a blatant cheating attempt.

If he gets it overturned then it's wrong and because he plays for Real Madrid and he's Ronaldo.

Scratching is up there with spitting. Low scum.

Hamann Pineapple said:
That away end behind Real's goal is a more restricted view than Goodison.

it's like Braga's stadium.

Why do players scratch like fucking old women lately? football is soft these days.

The red is one of those that I would not give, but if it's given then there is no chance of it being rescinded. Technically it's a red card and only the ref being lenient lets players get away with it.

Madrid suffered today, because Modric had a poor game. He has been vital to them. They still lack a bit of energy in midfield.

Malty said:
controversial but Ronaldo is such a average player when he's not scoring goals. he might score a tap in later as he usually does when i watch real madrid but it doesn't change my opinion of him. he's regressed as a player since he last played in England but turned into a complete goalscorer with the team built around him. i don't think he could function as good if he had to play a restricted supporting role and wasn't indulged at the expense of his team mates. he is part of the problem why they haven't won the Champion's League which many neglect to mention and blame the others when they are covering his ass.

Not really a fair statement at all. He has changed at his time in Madrid and even United before that from a orthodox winger to a wide forward to virtually a centre forward. It's only this season that the team has been built around him. Previously he was the best player in the team, but by no means was the team built to solely get the best out of him like it is with Messi. It's also only this season that the players have made an effort to set him up more.

It's also not fair to blame him for not winning the CL. You need luck to win the Cl and before Mourinho they really were not good enough. After Mourinho took over they made 3 semi finals and were very unlucky to lose Bayern on penalties.

supercrystal7 said:
The red is one of those that I would not give, but if it's given then there is no chance of it being rescinded. Technically it's a red card and only the ref being lenient lets players get away with it.

Madrid suffered today, because Modric had a poor game. He has been vital to them. They still lack a bit of energy in midfield.

Malty said:
controversial but Ronaldo is such a average player when he's not scoring goals. he might score a tap in later as he usually does when i watch real madrid but it doesn't change my opinion of him. he's regressed as a player since he last played in England but turned into a complete goalscorer with the team built around him. i don't think he could function as good if he had to play a restricted supporting role and wasn't indulged at the expense of his team mates. he is part of the problem why they haven't won the Champion's League which many neglect to mention and blame the others when they are covering his ass.

Not really a fair statement at all. He has changed at his time in Madrid and even United before that from a orthodox winger to a wide forward to virtually a centre forward. It's only this season that the team has been built around him. Previously he was the best player in the team, but by no means was the team built to solely get the best out of him like it is with Messi. It's also only this season that the players have made an effort to set him up more.

It's also not fair to blame him for not winning the CL. You need luck to win the Cl and before Mourinho they really were not good enough. After Mourinho took over they made 3 semi finals and were very unlucky to lose Bayern on penalties.

I'm not blaming him solely, but he is part of the team and thus part of the problem. I'm saying he's not completely blameless like some think because they see his goal record and give him a free pass when football is more then about goals. Real Madrid have the most expensive squad ever you can't say they shouldn't achieved more then they have.

Malty said:
supercrystal7 said:

Malty said:

I'm not blaming him solely, but he is part of the team and thus part of the problem. I'm saying he's not completely blameless like some think because they see his goal record and give him a free pass when football is more then about goals. Real Madrid have the most expensive squad ever you can't say they shouldn't achieved more then they have.
Not sure the Madrid squad is more expensive than the Barca one. I agree it's a team effort, but Ronaldo has consistently been in the top 5 players in the world since he left. Personally I think Messi and him are both overrated, because people look at the stats and don't look at other factors such as the defence work they do etc.

Madrid spend money on big names rather than players they need. There is then the backstage politics holding the club back. Certain players have to play whether the manager likes it or not.

Aupa atleti! I would love atletico to win it, not only because they are my second team, but because I think it would be a fantastic achievement given the wealth discrepancy between them and Madrid/barca.

Not sure they have the squad to last the distance though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.