La Liga 2013/14

zandvoort blue said:
puts our win today into perspective
Said before that after a tough CL game any appointment away from home can become tough.

Did not watch the Barca game, but from the lineups it looked like they rested half the team. Only one of their regular back four started. Like with the Premiership it will probably come down to who gets the furthest in the CL.

Real Madrid could win these league even without C Ronaldo - they haven't missed him at all the last few games if anything they have become a more complete better cohesive team sharing the workload others players have to step up more they can't hide instead of it turning into the C Ronaldo show C Ronaldo against the other teams keeper everygame. His shots to goal ratio is the worst I have ever seen from a top elite player and he doesn't help out his fullback leaving them exposed and 1-vs-1 as the weak link in the team which the best teams in Europe exploit and know about.

It would be ironic if the thing holding them back from dominating and winning the CL is selling C Ronaldo and all the unnecessary baggage he brings (he can't just be another member of the squad a bit like Beckham which is partly his responsibility where everyone is in awe of his shadow and revolves around him). When Arsenal sold Arsenal a lot of the younger players came out of his shadow and I feel the same would happen at Real Madrid when he leaves the club. He only cares about himself and winning Ballon d'Or's not about giving back.

And there goes atletico's title chances. I was thinking of betting against them because every time Barca drop points atletico do too.

It's a squad game competing on all fronts. Madrid will suffer if they go far in the CL as well. I think everyone expected Atletico to collapse at some point. Too strenuous a style, too many games and they are exhausted physically and mentally. I think it's far from a given they beat Milan.

Barca lost 1-0 to relegation fodder Valladolid, looked horrible, questionable subs.

It's Madrid's title to lose now.

I smell a comeback. Aguero back and the team knows now there is nothing to fear.

When is the last time Real Madrid had a bad result? since Christmas they seem to have gone on a unprecedented run without dropping many points. Unlike Barcelona

Malty said:
When is the last time Real Madrid had a bad result? since Christmas they seem to have gone on a unprecedented run without dropping many points. Unlike Barcelona

Ancelotti seems to have found the right balance there.The football they are playing isn't bad either. Just sucks for Isco as he is a lovely player, but you reap what you sow. Would have been much, much better for him had he joined your team in the summer.

The Classico next week is going to be huge, I still reckon Barcelona can get something at the Bernabeu though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.