La Liga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there any discussion about the Spanish super cup being held in Saudi on here? What a fucking joke that was. Changed format, Real and Barca earning double Atletico, and triple Valencia. It's like our Charity shield becoming a 4 team mini tournament and held abroad during the season, welcome to the future.

Got back from a great trip yesterday.

I went to Osasuna v Levante on Friday night, and Real Sociedad v Mallorca on Sunday night.

Os.jpg

Osasuna won 2-0, but their best player Chimmy Avila who had been linked with Barcelona went off with a knee injury which will probably rule him out for the season. Disastrous new for Osasuna. The ground is fantastic, really steep all the way around and the supporters made incredible noise throughout the game. They're in the process of expanding it, but it felt really traditional and I was glad to have visited before it became a bit gentrified and modernised.

RS.jpg

Real Sociedad comfortably beat Mallorca 3-0. Got to see Odegaard in the flesh and can understand the hype. He ran the show, and was always trying to get on the ball.

They have done a fantastic job of renovating the stadium, but there are a lot of bits they've not quite finished off properly, like paving outside the ground, some painting inside, and the food and drink kiosks seemed like a bit of an after thought. Its definitely one of the best modern stadiums though despite those (easily fixed) issues.

Would love for them to finish top 4 and City to play them in the Champions League. San Sebastian is a great city to visit.

I've been to 15/20 La Liga grounds now. I have Celta Vigo booked in March, and will see if I can get to any others before the end of the season.

Isco just equalised for Madrid. Would have him in a heartbeat at City, quality player, not much chance of getting him a hasten to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.