La Liga official complaint about City

I’d go so far as to say they haven’t been doing their jobs properly and it needs an overhaul. Would other big companies let someone sling mud at them constantly and just sit quietly?
You'd have thought that the people above them would have noticed given how sharp our owners are.

That’s part of the problem. Issues Management should always be part of the PR remit. Legal action is not the first line of defence but the last.

Our PR responses are dictated by management and legal executive, it's very rarely the other way around at City.

Usually the last to know.

He actually implied that we pay our players £5 a week then pay them £1M to go and speak at an event financed by the UAE. Either that’s true or it isn’t and, presuming it isn’t, would be the stick to beat him with, I’d have thought.
Our wage bill was the highest in the PL in 2020/21 according to the audited accounts. So we're paying a lot of people £5 a week if he's right.

Last edited:
Our PR responses are dictated by management and legal executive, it's very rarely the other way around at City.

Usually the last to know.
Well, knock me down with a feather, I would never have guessed. If you escalate matters to too high a level, it’s guaranteed that they never get actioned. The action required at first instance is to cultivate our relationship with sports editors and chief football writers, not just the scribblers. That is not an exec job.
One wonders: — is the desire for silence is the only driver?
— are the execs aware of how this issue directly affects fans like the small boy bullied on holiday for wearing the shirt of a “cheating club”?
— just how often the Grauniad writes that we get regular injections of cash from the sovereign wealth fund or that we bribed CAS and were cleared on a technicality?

Not so long ago Soriano complained that people constructed false narratives about us. Did he DO anything about it? If we are subjected to “clear and organised attempts to harm our reputation“ why do we not respond?
Enough, I have ranted about this before!
EDIT PS. Weatherspoons got it right.

Last edited:
Its coming to the point where we have to take action against La Liga , if we do nothing then all the idiots in the media will believe there is no smoke without fire , ourselves and PSG need to take a joint action agaisnt Lal Liga's accusations.
Make Tebas produce his evidence to back-up his statements with UEFA/CAS or a court of law , enough is enough , if we do nothing then in some peoples eyes we are admitting guilt , get fatty in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its coming to the point where we have to take action against La Liga , if we do nothing then all the retards in the media will believe there is no smoke without fire , ourselves and PSG need to take a joint action agaisnt Lal Liga's accusations.
Make Tebas produce his evidence to back-up his statements with UEFA/CAS or a court of law , enough is enough , if we do nothing then in some peoples eyes we are admitting guilt , get fatty in court.
if we do nothing then in some peoples eyes we are admitting guilt

Only the morons, and why should I worry about what morons think?

Reactions: CC1
I think throwing baseless accusations around like that we should be suing him for damages.

You cant keep just spouting abuse at a competitor and it simply be accepted.
In fact, I think City should he saying to UEFA and Fifa that they either shut him up or we sue them as opposed to the Spanish FA as surely the governing body should be defending its members.
Suing UEFA not a good way to get them on our side.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.