La Liga official complaint about City

There not on our side anyway....in fact, we are being damaged by their inaction and so it could be side they are already completely on the opposing side.

These claims can be likened to a bully who only pushes you around until you do something about it.

You think doing nothing will mean the issues go away? It's not worked for the last 10+ years.
I’ve ranted about what we should do many many times. You’ve obviously not read any of them. See, eg, earlier in this thread. Suffice it to say, suing is a poor tactic in this case.
UEFA are on the side of the money and their biggest single source is Bein Sports whose head is President of PSG. Tebas has a seat on UEFA exec, we do not.
WE should cultivate Ceferin who has signalled several times that he is well disposed to us. He is no friend of Tebas.

From the Mirror:
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says Manchester City's new Norwegian signing Erling Haaland, 21, would not have started if the striker had moved to the Spanish side

They are pathetic, really hurting they were snubbed By Mbappe and Haaland choosing us. Zero dignity from anyone in authority from that tax dodging, drowning in debt, state backed ( for select teams) league

I’ve ranted about what we should do many many times. You’ve obviously not read any of them. See, eg, earlier in this thread. Suffice it to say, suing is a poor tactic in this case.
UEFA are on the side of the money and their biggest single source is Bein Sports whose head is President of PSG. Tebas has a seat on UEFA exec, we do not.
WE should cultivate Ceferin who has signalled several times that he is well disposed to us. He is no friend of Tebas.

I get where you are coming from but the last thing I want is for us to get closer to the politics of football by cultivating anyone in a position at UEFA or any other cabal board.

This may be unpopular but I would rather we played in the old 3rd division than become a part or acquiesce in any way to the "Great and the good" that see football as just a means to an end to make money.

From the Mirror:
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says Manchester City's new Norwegian signing Erling Haaland, 21, would not have started if the striker had moved to the Spanish side

They are pathetic, really hurting they were snubbed By Mbappe and Haaland choosing us. Zero dignity from anyone in authority from that tax dodging, drowning in debt, state backed ( for select teams) league
Come on Erling say you wouldn't want to play for the wankers, you are at your boyhood club.

I get where you are coming from but the last thing I want is for us to get closer to the politics of football by cultivating anyone in a position at UEFA or any other cabal board.

This may be unpopular but I would rather we played in the old 3rd division than become a part or acquiesce in any way to the "Great and the good" that see football as just a means to an end to make money.
There is that, but we are in it for keeps now and UEFA has regulatory powers over us. Did you know that Ceferin, being a lawyer, was certain we would win at CAS and tried to quash the case before we appealed? We would not play ball. Similarly, he went out of his way to praise us for pulling out of the euro league. The old G14 have worked hard at keeping us off exec bodies at both UEFA and ECA, so we need a friend there.
Note also that we are a wholly owned subsidiary of CFG and we don’t want UEFA changing their rules on cross ownership.

Agree 100 per cent. There are times when legal action is an option but it's a nuclear one and, in this case, would play into the hands of Tebas who is trying to deflect attention away from his own problems. We should be building bridges with Ceferin and perhaps even Al Khelaifi (who has previously been one of our enemies). This is pure politics. The reality is that Tebas is up against the wall and very isolated in Spain where the vultures are circling around him.
I have criticised City many times for not being proactive enough with their PR but there are plenty of things you can do behind the scenes which don't involve legal action. I do think as a broad rule we should always correct false information when it is published in the media such as City are "state-owned." That could be done easily with a simple statement on social media or other channels. If you ignore lies they become the accepted truth. It is just very basic stuff in terms of communications.

Last edited:

Unfortunately internal politics is part of football, and always has been. Playing in the EFL would involve playing in a league run by an organisation whose boss is Rick Parry! There are plenty of political snakes in the lower leagues.

Agree 100 per cent. There are times when legal action is an option but it's a nuclear one and, in this case, would play into the hands of Tebas who is trying to deflect attention away from his own problems. We should be building bridges with Ceferin and perhaps even Al Khelaifi (who has previously been one of our enemies). This is pure politics. The reality is that Tebas is up against the wall and very isolated in Spain where the vultures are circling around him.
I have criticised City many times for not being proactive enough with their PR but there are plenty of things you can do behind the scenes which don't involve legal action. I do think as a broad rule we should always correct false information when it is published in the media such as City are "state-owned." That could be done easily with a simple statement on social media or our own channels. If you ignore lies they become the accepted truth. It is just very basic stuff in terms of communications.
Top post. Last sentence, spot on.

Its coming to the point where we have to take action against La Liga , if we do nothing then all the idiots in the media will believe there is no smoke without fire , ourselves and PSG need to take a joint action agaisnt Lal Liga's accusations.
Make Tebas produce his evidence to back-up his statements with UEFA/CAS or a court of law , enough is enough , if we do nothing then in some peoples eyes we are admitting guilt , get fatty in court.
When you say "all the idiots in the media will believe there is no smoke without fire", mate that seed was planted long ago and will never change. Whatever we do, whatever we say the media will always look to run the narrative of "oil money, middle east must equal corruption etc. etc." We just need to keep doing what we are doing, winning stuff on the field and ensuring that our accounts always hold up to scrutiny off it to the people that count i.e. auditors and regulators. There is fuck all anyone can do then except cry salty salty tears.

Unfortunately internal politics is part of football, and always has been. Playing in the EFL would involve playing in a league run by an organisation whose boss is Rick Parry! There are plenty of political snakes in the lower leagues.
Rick fucking Parry……..…..arrgh, we still have him lurking in the background, briefing his mate Panja. I wonder how the UEFA investigation of the leaks from the Investigatory Chamber is getting on!!?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.