La Liga Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve posted before, growing up in the 60’s and a teenager in the 70’s, gollywogs on marmalade jars, black sambo money boxes, black and Asians racially ridiculed in comedy shows, I laughed as did the majority. I was a horse mad kid and once I’d done my training my regular pony was called N****r, it was just accepted, hard for the later generations to understand, you just had to be there. I think it was Spike Milligan who did a sketch where a black postman delivered a letter, Milligan them said “ah, blackmail” how we laughed.
Guy Gibson likes this post.

Bernado was a good friend of Mendy, he’s a relatively young guy who meant nothing racist other than making the connection Mendy is black. I had big front teeth as a kid, I acquired the nickname “Plug” who was a character from a comic, I wasn’t offended and it wasn’t malicious just like Bernardo’s tweet.
You're not called Rio by any chance?

Guy Gibson likes this post.
Aye, I think if you watch the film now they take it out, the pony I rode was a deep black colour, his “brother” was lighter and called Trigger. Different times and no one batted an eyelid, something that later generations would not be able to understand, we’ve come a long way, thankfully.

Aye, I think if you watch the film now they take it out, the pony I rode was a deep black colour, his “brother” was lighter and called Trigger. Different times and no one batted an eyelid, something that later generations would not be able to understand, we’ve come a long way, thankfully.
I've seen it many times, and agree changes have been made to reflect the (then) current moral standards.
I still get a lump in my throat when I hear the "Dam Busters' March", however.

Just seen the breaking news that Spanish authorities have arrested 4 people under suspicion of hanging an efige of vinicius junior from a bridge in Madrid.....

Now considering what has just happened in their last game you would be right to think that the Spanish authorities have acted swiftly, but no. This racist event actually took place in January!!!!!

Fucking pathetic, and just a token arrest to make them look like they care

I still cannot understand how fans can do these racist acts when they celebrate their own players successes. It’s fucking barking.

Same here mate - I remember a few years back when Chelsea fans stopped a black worker in Paris from getting on a Metro train on his way home from work which involved them chanting " we are racist and we don't care". An interviewer asked a Chelsea fan how come they could do that when they had Kurt Zouma in their ranks? The answer

" yeah he's a n@@@@r but he's our n@@@@r " - I genuinely don't understand that attitude nor how you debate with anyone who holds those views - its barmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.