Lack of enthusiasm thread

Despite a 380 mile return journey which ended up getting home at 3.00am for midweek matches I so miss watching us. Saved a fortune in fuel, car mileage, SC and away tickets but would give that up in an instance to be back in the ground.

City used to be my life but I don’t miss attending now.
It’s the attending I do miss.

When you’re at the game you don’t give a shit what channel it’s on, who the pundits and commentators are, and you can see the full picture of what’s going on as well as being involved in and experiencing the atmosphere.

Watching on television is shit. The only thing good about watching on tele is the multiple angle replays of things, where, at the ground, you think you’re sure you know what you’ve seen but when you watch the game back the next day you realise what you thought was well wrong!

But losing all the good things about going has really shown how the actual game played on that strip of grass is nowhere near as good as is made out, and nowhere near as good as it should and could be.

VAR has ruined the sport forever but it’s not only that, it’s far wider ranging that just VAR.

Had the candlepool Leeds game on and now have the spurs Everton game on. Managed to look up from the laptop for about 5 minutes in total for both games. I actually put the bleeding expendables on last night rather than watch Newcastle West Ham.

It’s like putting a film on you have seen 20 times, you’re not watching it but it’s just sort of there.

It’s the attending I do miss.

When you’re at the game you don’t give a shit what channel it’s on, who the pundits and commentators are, and you can see the full picture of what’s going on as well as being involved in and experiencing the atmosphere.

Watching on television is shit. The only thing good about watching on tele is the multiple angle replays of things, where, at the ground, you think you’re sure you know what you’ve seen but when you watch the game back the next day you realise what you thought was well wrong!

But losing all the good things about going has really shown how the actual game played on that strip of grass is nowhere near as good as is made out, and nowhere near as good as it should and could be.

VAR has ruined the sport forever but it’s not only that, it’s far wider ranging that just VAR.

In fairness, I have replaced it with watching Wales. Albania or Denmark are more appealing trips than Arsenal or Derby.

City were affecting my physical and mental wellbeing at one point. I had a crippling pain in my stomach after the consecutive defeats to Liverpool - U****d - Liverpool and I felt really down. I knew it was the beginning of the end for me.

I’ll attend sporadically in the future but I know I’m done as a match going fan.

Had the candlepool Leeds game on and now have the spurs Everton game on. Managed to look up from the laptop for about 5 minutes in total for both games. I actually put the bleeding expendables on last night rather than watch Newcastle West Ham.

It’s like putting a film on you have seen 20 times, you’re not watching it but it’s just sort of there.

What a goal that was from Everton ... a superb header.

Think its the same for ALL football fans.

Yep, i agree with you ..... this won't just be a deflated, alienated feeling, that will have affected just City supporters alone .... fans of other clubs will no doubt be experiencing it too, and will probably be asking the very same questions of themselves that we are.

As football fans we are all in the same boat .....

Last edited:
I'm excited about the build up for next Mondays game. Yes I know it's not the same but it's City and I can't wait to see us back on the pitch. I'm desperate to get back in the stadium, whether it's with 1000, 10000 or 50000. I've not supported City all my life to lose interest over some pandemic, no chance. I've watched us play some of the lowest of the low, so no chance am I bailing out now. Chin up fellas. We might not ever see the same quality we have now in our lifetimes, so watch it, drink it in and get enthused for the new season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.