Lack of enthusiasm thread

Was going to post my opinion,
but can’t be arsed.

Edit:Vic got there first. Still not bothered.

Last edited:
The renewals for our supporters club for this season are down by about 50 %, strange times
That is strange, we have one of, if not the best team in our history but enthusiasm for the club is falling. Why are our supporters weird about our success, do we like to be the plucky underdog all the time, everybodies second club. Fuck that I love it that we have pocked the establishment in the eye and become the dominant team in this country in the last decade. Long may it last i say.

For me, 93:20 was the beginning of my personal decline in interest - I cannot see how that moment can ever be beaten and once you've seen perfection, then what can better it??

Of course I drool watching some of the football we play under Pep as it is outstanding.

I love City, I loved us when we were shite and I love us now........but I cannot get as enthusiastic as I used too.

So, in line with the OP, I'm struggling to get excited about this season - I had the dippers vs Leeds on in the background and yes it seemed a decent game, but without atmosphere it's nowhere near as good as it would have been.

I get a great deal of pleasure watching non-league football, but I cannot see that surviving without crowds, as for non-league clubs, fans are still the main source of income as opposed to TV's millions.

So, while football "isn't the be all and end all" (to some!!) it is a massive part of my (and many others) life.
Yet football is slowly dying a death while Covid prevails**

**as is society in general
Exactly. I wasn't even aware of the Liverpool game was going on and somewhere l saw that Leeds has equalised for a third time. Without much interest l checked out the final score thought with 2 pens one on the death to win its not changed and not going to. MOTD starts on a couple of mins and l am not bothered.

Oh it started yesterday, I didn't know it was only when my lad told arsenal were 3 up as we walked around beaulieu motor museum. I said who are they playing , has the season started ?.
So going by that I am suffering from a lack of enthusiasm.
At the start of the season we wait excitedly for the day we can purchase our tickets for the coming season. We chose around 8 to start with than add as the season goes on, we normally go for the first and last home games as a must !.
This season football is going ahead without us, so I just havent given it a thought. Football without us match going fans doesnt seem right, I have invested thousands following City as have many others, it is strange how I dont seem bothered at the moment. Perhaps as much as I love City without going to the matches and organising my weekends around them and giving me something to look forward to it drifts into the background.
Once life becomes normal again and us fans return than I will be keen to get back to being mad about City, but at the moment I have other things to think of , like cancelled weddings, birthday parties, family get togethers, having a mask in my pocket. Plus I get the feeling that this season might hinge on some clubs not having a full first team squad due to covid19 and having to play 'reserve' players making the league a mockery. So for that reason I cant find the enthusiasm to invest so much of my time and emotional energy into football when more and more restrictions coming back into our lifes.

I watched the end of last season because there was a season to finish I guess, but to start a new season under those rules doesnt really interest me at the moment.

It must be bad for me as I bought a car about 2 months ago and still havent put a City sticker in the back window yet !. Just my 93:20 sticker and a Manchester bee, and a City smelly around the mirror, I normally have a few City stickers in the back lol

Last edited:
Well despite not watching MOTD l caught a tiny bit after my shower. It showed an awful cock up by van Dick leading to a goal. Far worse than the errors our defenders make and get slaughtered for by the massed ranks of the media. Vvd makes quite a few mistakes but they are played down like those McLiar makes but we are constantly told how good they are, drummed in to such an extent we almost believe it ourselves as the media pours out the plaudits and the awards.
I am unlikely to get to a live match for ages,sharing my views with normal fans. I dont want to watch in a pub crowded with fellow blues because of the risks ten fold worse than Foden and the rag lad's actions.
So my options are watching on a computer with no atmosphere with foreign commentary or with highly biased commentators and pundits pumping out their lies, exaggerations omissions etc seemingly more important as there is no crowd.
No wonder my enthusiasm and excitement have gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.