Lack of enthusiasm thread

I struggle to sit through 90 mins of games not involving City. VAR is the sole reason for that, the enjoyment of a goal being scored is finished forever. How anyone who loves football could implement it in this way is unbelievable. Collina and Co should be ashamed of themselves.
VAR, in my humble opinion, is a scapegoat for Premier League and PGMOL corruption or match-fixing.

In an environment where so many of us have lost family members/friends; health problems have dominated our lives; our primary source of income has stopped; and multiple other issues, it is extremely difficult to work up any enthusiasm for a TV product version of the PL at the moment. Finishing off last season made sense but none of those games appealed in the way they would normally do.

But I do desperately want to return to the Etihad to watch games. I want to experience live football again. I want to feel the noise and the experience of supporting my team. The TV product means little to me at the moment (obviously that may change) as that makes us observers not participants. When we're at games I feel (rightly or wrongly) that we are part of the game; that we can influence the game/season. On TV we don't get the same enjoyment. It's great seeing wonderful goals or brilliant defensive play but it's nowhere near the same as being at the ground.

The problems we have all faced during 2020 are substantial and football's return on TV is welcomed by some but I can't get that excited by the TV product. We need to get back into the stadium - that'll be the moment when, for some of us, our lives can start to feel they are getting back on track.
I hope you get your wish, dude. There’s little or no spirit in sport, and life, without the soul and spirit of people.

An extra one week, no? though pushing us to Monday is basically the same effect as we will have the pressure of catching up to someone already on 6 points.

But if we beat Wolves and Leicester we could be level with the dippers before they play Arsenal

Also they have to beat Chelsea

Way, way too early for this

VAR, in my humble opinion, is a scapegoat for Premier League and PGMOL corruption or match-fixing.

Matches are easier to fix with a system like VAR in place. You can bet on anything these days. i.e. A penalty being awarded.

In fairness, I have replaced it with watching Wales. Albania or Denmark are more appealing trips than Arsenal or Derby.

City were affecting my physical and mental wellbeing at one point. I had a crippling pain in my stomach after the consecutive defeats to Liverpool - U****d - Liverpool and I felt really down. I knew it was the beginning of the end for me.

I’ll attend sporadically in the future but I know I’m done as a match going fan.
The heist at Anfield did me in. After that, I started to give less and less of a shit.

Matches are easier to fix with a system like VAR in place. You can bet on anything these days. i.e. A penalty being awarded.
Mmmm. Note the time it took to make a decision. Sometimes up to two minutes. I read somewhere it was in connection to South East Asian betting markets.

I'm starting to think I'd rather go out on my mountain bike than go to the game.
Not watched a minute of any football so far this season not even looked at the scores.
Seriously don't think I will renew my ticket feels strange but I have completely lost interest in football.
Modern stadiums are shite.
Its too expensive.
Var has ruined football.
Match going fans don't count.
Its not a level playing field its completely bent.
Oh and that's all before this pointless wank of playing behind closed doors
My man!

That is strange, we have one of, if not the best team in our history but enthusiasm for the club is falling. Why are our supporters weird about our success, do we like to be the plucky underdog all the time, everybodies second club. Fuck that I love it that we have pocked the establishment in the eye and become the dominant team in this country in the last decade. Long may it last i say.
The City phenomenon is a strange phenomenon and; would be an interesting essay from a psychological perspective

The heist at Anfield did me in. After that, I started to give less and less of a shit.

I found it telling that the Roma fans who attacked that poor Irish man were brought to justice whilst the Liverpool fans who vandalised our bus never were. Unless I'm mistaken, not one arrest was made over that.

City fans caused that level of damage to a coach? I'd be the first to condemn them and expect their immediate life bans from the club. Disgusting behaviour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.