Lack of enthusiasm thread

Price hikes, the 'match day experience' rammed down our throats on the screens, Hugh Ferret, VAR, showsec bullies, VAR, Covid restrictions, apathetic atmosphere, sat amongst fans with zero passion, tourists more interested in taking selfies etc etc.

Yeah, I'm ecstatic! : /
May I add diving or “simulation”?

To a degree I have written this season off. Mainly Covid related as even though I rarely attend games these days whilst stadiums are not full and everything is so different and uncertain none of it means very much. Its a distraction and little else.

I was against playing without fans but now hold the view that sport has to try to function in some way in order to stay alive. So it is what it is and hopefully normality will return at some point next year. In the meantime some will have little or no interest, some will embrace the situation and get some enjoyment from it and on that basis I guess it is a good thing.

Personally I lost all real interest in last season after the Anfield and ongoing VAR fiasco so before COVID and should that continue Covid or not my enthusiasm will probably continue to disappear. I watched very few Prem games after the Liverpool away game. Felt it was pointless.
I had a right “downer” after the Anfield heist. I went for a walk afterwards; my thoughts and especially my feelings like I was breaking up with a bird. My trust had evaporated and I didn’t want anything to do with it anymore.

Couldn't agree more. I've not watched a single game since the restart. I tried to watch one, but it's just bollocks without fans. I'll leave it well alone for now. I genuinely can't understand anyone who enjoys watching it in the current format. Mind you, some people enjoy pre-season friendlies.

Of course. Nowt as theatrical as a player diving and writhing around as though they've been shot with a poison tipped bullet in order to con the ref. Talk about amateur dramatics. Mane should receive a fuckin' Oscar!
What pisses me off is the fact that a game of football is ninety minutes; approximately thirty minutes of those are to witness the spectacle of grown men writhing around in order to gain an advantage.

No. The authorities and their lackeys could put an end to this but have decided to ignore it; concentrating instead on highly dubious bans on a certain club and virtue signalling.

I'm looking forward to it mainly because life is dull without football. Gotta be honest though, back in the early days of the pandemic I thought by the time this season came around we would be close to having fans back, when in reality we're still nowhere near it.

Even before covid though my enthusiasm was going, last season for the first time in living memory I didnt attend a single game. Partly due to poor finances but also because I dont wanna be in the ground when a goal gets ruled out by VAR. My last game was the Vinny Leicester game.

I'd accept VAR though now to be able to go to a game again, never thought I'd say that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.