Lakey's Question: your most memorable City journey?

Have to say wasnt my best day of my life but certainly the most memorable.

Having left Ewood Park after a 4-0 drubbing by Blackburn,played Gerry Taggart at RIGHT back and surprise he was turned inside out by Scott Sellers.

Anyway we board the coach for the journey home to start the usual minute by minute analysis, the odd bit of banter is flying in all directions, when the coach driver turns on the radio. What we heard was the horrific reporting of the evolving Hillsboro tragedy,, i can honestly say I have never been on a coach full of blues on any journey when not another single word was uttered all the way back to Stretford.

That journey will remain in my mind forever.

For me a midweek trip to Newport County for a Len Ashurst testimonial game with Alan Potter's minibus
memorable simply because it took for ever and the players couldn't believe we were there and . . .
I have absolutely no recollection of when it was - many years ago
and absolutely no idea why the **** we went
happy days!

remember back in the 80's played Coventry away and after the game got back to the car park just off the main rd by the side of the bridge, only to find that the car wouldn't start, the police asked me what was wrong so told them it wouldn't start so asked if they would give us a push they just started giving me a push across an almost empty car park when Donald Francis and the cool cats came walking by and knowing Donald they joined the police giving me a push but when the police stopped they just kept pushing me and i swear they tried to crash my car into the fence ha ha lucky for me the car started and managed to avoid crashing!

danebanksheik said:
For me a midweek trip to Newport County for a Len Ashurst testimonial game with Alan Potter's minibus
memorable simply because it took for ever and the players couldn't believe we were there and . . .
happy days!

Did you go on Alan Potters minibus to a mid-week testermonial game at Exeter City ? same thoughts as you lol

Lakey, let me ask you a question.

When City have played in the league this season, during the games what have you been doing and where were you?
This is a serious question and I'm not trying to catch you out or anything.

NQT said:
Lakey, let me ask you a question.

When City have played in the league this season, during the games what have you been doing and where were you?
This is a serious question and I'm not trying to catch you out or anything.

No worries, NQT...I watched the Blackburn game in a pub not far from where I live, and I took my eldest lad Zac to COMS to see the Wolves game on Saturday (we sat in the Colin Bell Stand). I'm quite interested as to why you've asked me this, though! You're not another one who thinks I'm an impostor, are you? ;)

By the way, thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread so far - Emily, Ian or I may well read yours out on Blue Tuesday tomorrow night.

Cheers

Lakey

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
danebanksheik said:
happy days!

Did you go on Alan Potters minibus to a mid-week testermonial game at Exeter City ? same thoughts as you lol
does Alan Potter still go to city ,not seen him for years.
went on one of his away trips to palace i think . We stopped of somewhere in Derbyshire for a session and he had more than anyone and drove the mini bus. True blue tho.

the wolves game! we missed our flight to manchester thanks to the long queues at dublin airport security. ended up going to leeds airport, then taxi to train station, train to manchester, then a taxi to coms. shared the taxi with a blue called damien, he had just flown back from barcelona, top man. got to the ground and our cards did'nt work! after a visit to the ticket office, got our seats just in time to see the goal. we had a super meal in the gaucho grill (recommend it lads) afterwards and then flew back to dublin without any hitches!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.