Lampard: MCFC vs NYCFC

moomba said:
So they should take no interest in the building of their squad for the next season? Just accept what they're given with a shrug of their shoulders. And then flip a switch in March and wonder what happened?
Of course, if they have adopted NYCFC as "their" club then they should take an interest in it, but you can't claim to be a supporter of a football club, that has so far never kicked a ball.

Also I'm afraid that at this moment in time, NYCFC cannot be compared to MCFC, and since our owner owns CFG, which they are part of, they can't really complain that his main concern will take priority in the short term.

One thing they don't know (nor do we), is what Lampard himself wants, but I'd be very surprised if he didn't want to see out this season at City now, with the possibility/prospect of winning a trophy or two in a much higher standard.

I'm sure he'll be there for the start of their season anyway, because if there's one thing our owner is, its honest, and I can't see him screwing NYCFC over.

I don't understand the fuss personally.

He was a free agent after being released from Chelsea, free to sign for whoever he wanted.

It's not like we avoided the transfer fee by letting NYCFC buy him, just to loan him back to us. NYCFC signed him on a free and loaned him to us, where we are paying 100% of his wages.

Where in this deal are we avoiding ANY cost at all?

Mourinho releasing Lampard could cost him the title - Lampard's goals have won us 4 points already (Chelsea home, Leicester away).

To me, this is simple.... our owners are running a business, and will do whatever makes the most commercial sense for that business. If that means keeping Lampard at MCFC until the end of our season (in that the commercial benefits of keeping Lampard outweigh the disadvantages of keeping him from starting his time at NYCFC) while disappointing some fans of NYCFC, then that is what will happen surely? OK, it might make the launch of NYCFC a little harder or slower, but surely, like any business, we will do what is most commercially beneficial with "resources" and manage the lack of resources in other areas accordingly.

cleavers said:
I'm sure he'll be there for the start of their season anyway, because if there's one thing our owner is, its honest, and I can't see him screwing NYCFC over.

I think he'll be there for the start of their season, I certainly hope so. As much as it would be bad PR for him to stay the rest of the season here, it would be great PR for New Yorkers to say "here's a player wanted by one of the best teams in Europe, but your club is that important that we want him to be here instead".

Who knows what will happen, my big criticism at the moment is that we should have made a decision by now and let everyone involved know.

A thing that many seem to not understand is that, at this moment in time they're not equal with us. They all talk how we're equal, but it still remains at this moment in time we're far bigger than they are.
They go on about them eventually eclipsing us, that may eventually happen in about 90 years or something..., but what they don't realise is that atm we are much more of a concern.

cleavers said:
moomba said:
my big criticism at the moment is that we should have made a decision by now and let everyone involved know.
I'm sure that all the important people know exactly what's going to happen, no matter what they say in public, and a few fans on internet forums really don't matter that much.

I'm not sure Reyna/Kreis do know what is going to happen, their comments certainly don't indicate that they do. Although Reyna is in Manchester so he might have been brought up to date this week.

A few fans on internet forums may not be a priority, but I think it extends further than just a few fans on the internet including non internet users and the media. But keeping everyone in the dark is giving a free kick to those that want to talk down NYCFC, MCFC and the City Football Group. For no real benefit.

Hopefully we'll let everyone in on the secret soon.

grandsolo said:
Right or wrong, this is making MCFC very hated over here in NYC. Plartly because a lot of NYCFC fans support other PL clubs, partly because they feel even at this stage, NYCFC is just as important in the City Group & partly because the vast majority of them are young stupid assholes.
Is that some sort of oxymoron?

grandsolo said:
Right or wrong, this is making MCFC very hated over here in NYC. Plartly because a lot of NYCFC fans support other PL clubs, partly because they feel even at this stage, NYCFC is just as important in the City Group & partly because the vast majority of them are young stupid assholes.

Oh noooo!
Well, that settles it. Frankie had better pack his bags and run along now. Tell you what, we'll send Silva along with him, just to show there's no hard feelings...
Or maybe New York can draw back and grind. He'll go where he can be most productive for CFG - and New York, for all its potential, is still very much a junior partner in this venture, right now and for a long while to come.

MCFCHOWELL said:
A lot of the members on their forum. They're all Everton, Arsenal, Scum, Dippers and Spurs fans who seem to already hate us. At any opportunity they love to slag us off, most MCFC fans who go over to their forum get abused 24/7.

It's only for MODS like Falustur that stop them from becoming anti-mcfc FC.

Yeah, and it wears me out, although it has to be said that it's not entirely one-way - the NYCFC forum has a good few MCFC fans (native and English) on it and they are both more than capable of giving as much as they take.

CityFan94 said:
I don't understand the fuss personally.

He was a free agent after being released from Chelsea, free to sign for whoever he wanted.

It's not like we avoided the transfer fee by letting NYCFC buy him, just to loan him back to us. NYCFC signed him on a free and loaned him to us, where we are paying 100% of his wages.

Where in this deal are we avoiding ANY cost at all?

Mourinho releasing Lampard could cost him the title - Lampard's goals have won us 4 points already (Chelsea home, Leicester away).

The issue at hand here is less so the case of what MCFC are gaining and whether they are being dishonest, it is what is happening in NYC to make this work. That is to say, NYCFC was announced with due pomp and promptly signed its first two players, deliberately finding world-renowned players to draw attention. NYCFC staked its very image on Lampard - he was the poster boy for a lot of their early advertising, he was bandied about to NYC media (moreso as Villa doesn't speak English), and he was supposed to be loaned to Melbourne but the Aussie FA ruled it out because Villa was already there.

When he came over here, people got a little wary, but they accepted it because they were told that he'd be back in time for the start of pre-season. Now the talk is of the loan being extended, it's starting to affect the club's preparations. He wasn't around to do a lot of the media stuff that they had planned on recalling him from Australia to do, so Villa got pulled from Melbourne after only four games, causing a lot of tension over there. The stories started circulating that he'd miss the pre-season games and people got disappointed because that is supposed to be their gauge stick of how the team is going to play when the season starts - we all know that a player who misses pre-season will take another month or two to learn how to play with his teammates, especially when he's moving to a team when the other players aren't as good as him and need a certain level of adjusting for.

Then, as moomba said, CFG continued to make absolutely no comment on his future all the while Pellegrini keeps talking about how important it is that Lampard plays in Manchester rather than New York, and now has gone a step further by usurping Lampard's right to stay silent on the matter by broadcasting that Lampard actually would prefer to stay here. Now, we are all used to CFG refusing to comment on anything whatsoever, but in the US they know nothing of how CFG operates, and it's making them suspicious. The only thing they're hearing from CFG is what Pellegrini says and they assume the whole organisation is singing from the same hymn sheet so they assume that he will stay. They think that CFG has something to hide and are too ashamed to speak up, and they think that Lampard is looking for a way to back out of his contract. It's not that they specifically demand Lampard and would be disconsolate to see him, but rather Lampard's signing was almost the very first statement of intent CFG made over there and now it looks like we're trying to find a way to back out. When you go back on your word on the very first occasion, it makes people unwilling to trust you, and that's the atmosphere which is building in NYC.

That's what the problem is with all this. Of course, there will still continue to be journos who say that the issue is that CFG is an accounting scam to fool FFPR, but the real issue is that from the NYC point of view, it looks like they are being played for fools.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.