Lancashire CCC

Hmm always baffled me why they play their matches in greater Manchester...
It's complicated. The local government act of 1888 explains it mostly but Manchester is still in the Lancashire County Palatine to this day, the southern boundary being the River Mersey.

Glamorgan (on the south coast of Wales) until recently played some of their matches in Colwyn Bay (on the north coast) if you want an example of how weird things can be in cricket.

I was brought up in Reddish which had a postal address including Cheshire but was North of the Mersey. I remember when I lived in Surrey with my weekly 'phone call to Dad telling him that I'd been asked if I played cricket. He told me "You should have answered that you came from the County Palatine of Lancashire, you were born to play cricket!".

Chappell was a cheap option as coach and it shows. He's useless. When you look at former teams this one is awful. Minor counties standard players who have got lucky due to the low quality at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.