Lancaster Bomber on a bombing run radio chatter

How calm is the captain, I can't believe people spoke like that I always thought it was a wind up in the fast show. Incredibly brave people.

Can't play it on my tablet, I've got a couple of cd's of Lanc bomber crew recordings, don't know if it's the same ones...

"Are they firing at us?"
"Yes I think they might be"

All said in the coolest, calmest voices you can imagine.

Lancaster bomber crews are my ultimate heroes.

Had the pleasure of working at the house of the last remaining flight technician on the Dambuster raids in Hale a few years ago. He since sadly passed away but he was a really unassuming guy but still wore the RAF tie and had some brilliant framed photos in his hallway. I remember feeling so small and unimportant knowing what those guys went through at 17- 18 yr olds.

Had the pleasure of working at the house of the last remaining flight technician on the Dambuster raids in Hale a few years ago. He since sadly passed away but he was a really unassuming guy but still wore the RAF tie and had some brilliant framed photos in his hallway. I remember feeling so small and unimportant knowing what those guys went through at 17- 18 yr olds.

It is mind boggling, isn't it? Kids that age today worry someone might say something mean to them yet during the Battle of Britain the average Spitfire or Hurricane pilot was only 20-22 years old and he had a Nazi pilot shooting at him way up in the sky. Can't even comprehend the bravery of the infantry jumping out of landing craft on D-Day.

Total respect always for these young men who stood up and faced death because it was the right thing to do.

Amazing. My dad was a wireless opp in lancs...sends a shudder down me.

I get the same feeling every time I hear it. My grandad was a Naval officer, one of his brothers was in the army, the other a fighter pilot. My other grandad also an infantryman. These blokes were tough as nails during this war.

Amazing how calm everyone in the clip sounds. Clearly, it wasn't their first mission, being shot at was business as usual I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.