Laporte says goodbye

Surprised he went to that league, he's a class player and would do well in any side. Best luck to him shame to see him go

Ah man, that little breakdown he has at the end got me. Brilliant player and a key part of lots of success. Wish him all the best

Title winning goal

EFL Cup winning goal

Probably a good enough player to start for every other team in Europe and he’s off to Saudi Arabia.

Considering we used to struggle to find a left-sided centre-back he leaves the club because he'd dropped down to 3rd or even 4th choice in that position. Shame we're not about to sign a speedy winger to get on the end of those long cross-field balls that he used to play out of defence.

Surprised he went to that league, he's a class player and would do well in any side. Best luck to him shame to see him go
It's either, simply a case of the money on offer to him being impossible to turn down. Which I fully understand; I'm not having a go at him for it. Or, there were simply no offers in for him from a top European club that were acceptable to either him or the club. He's certainly got it in him to play at the elite level for another two or three years.

Thank you, Aymeric for all your efforts on behalf of Manchester City.

You are a classy defender, and you always gave your best for the club, never more so than in the closing weeks of the 21/22 season, when you played through injury.

I really thought that you and John Stones would be our first choice CB pairing for many years, but nothing is certain in football, as in life, and events - and signings - as well as Pep's football evolving, took us in a different direction.

The timing of your tackling was exquisite, and you scored some important goals for us, including the winner in the League Cup final against Spurs, and the one to give us the lead at Brighton in the final game of the 18/19 season.

I wish you all the best in your new venture, and I hope you win many more trophies.

Last edited:
The reason the Saudis got him so cheap is because they pay upfront in cash. No messing about with payment plans like most European clubs do. It's probably better for City to take £25m today, rather than £35m over 5 years.
Laporte gets handsomely paid having already collected plenty of silverware, the Saudis get a top player with plenty left in the tank and City get shut of an unwanted player for a fair fee which is paid our preferred way.
Everybody gets what they want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.