Laporte says goodbye

What ? £23.6 million, somebody had their pants pull down me thinks
Agreed, that's crazy money. Obviously he'll never be as good as Harry Maguire so we couldn't have expected £80m, but still.

EDIT: I don't know how I managed to type that whilst laughing so much! Harry fucking Maguire, I wouldn't give them 80p for him.

To be fair to the Saudis the more of these half decent players they sign, the more the better players might consider going there. It’s not as unattractive place to play now as it was a few years ago, which I suppose is what they’re trying to do. It’s not a bad price for someone who wasn’t getting a game. Means he cost us about £30m for the 5 years we had him for which is a bargain really

Agreed, that's crazy money. Obviously he'll never be as good as Harry Maguire so we couldn't have expected £80m, but still.

EDIT: I don't know how I managed to type that whilst laughing so much! Harry fucking Maguire, I wouldn't give them 80p for him.

If Manchester City wanted Laporte from any other club right now it would be starting at £80million plus add-on
The price we got is daft, £23.8 million ?? I am shocked, let's hope we have a really good sell price around the 50% mark

Go and get me a left-footed international defender who's won 5 Premier League titles and many cups and is still in his prime for £23.8 million

Last edited:
To be fair to the Saudis the more of these half decent players they sign, the more the better players might consider going there. It’s not as unattractive place to play now as it was a few years ago, which I suppose is what they’re trying to do. It’s not a bad price for someone who wasn’t getting a game. Means he cost us about £30m for the 5 years we had him for which is a bargain really

Not so, the demand for a left-footed defender with the quality of Laporte would be around £80million in today's market, Maybe we have a good sell-on deal for him if they sell him after a year or so if he does not settle,

But £23.8 million makes no sense when Dirty Harry, over the road is valued at over £30million

If Manchester City wanted Laporte from any other club right now it would be starting at £80million plus add-on
The price we got is daft, £23.8 million ?? I am shocked, let's hope we have a really good sell price around the 50% mark

Go and get me a left-footed international defender who's won 5 Premier League titles and many cups and is still in his prime for £23.8 million
Maybe the Saudi's reminded City about Article 17?

Not sure which I find stranger - that no top European club has put a bid in for Laporte or the fact that we’ve accepted £23.5 million for him ?? It’s bizarre - he’s way better than that in the current market

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.