Laptop won't start up.

Do you have another computer you can put files on and a USB cable? Have you tried an external mouse? Have you tried putting it into BIOS instead of safe mode?
When I fire it up I just keep getting the blue circle and the cursor won't click on anything. It will move around the screen but when I click it on the start icon it won't open it :-(

When I fire it up I just keep getting the blue circle and the cursor won't click on anything. It will move around the screen but when I click it on the start icon it won't open it :-(
Hold down either F1 or F2 as you hit the power button to turn the computer on. That will bring you into BIOS which lets you check the health of your hardware. If your hard drive is functional then your data shouldn't be at risk and a wipe won't be an issue.

I'm in the bios but haven't a Scooby doo what to do ....I'm going to fook this up ain't I
c8ec8f3bd23509972503fcdbb6f1d85a.jpg

I'm in the bios but haven't a Scooby doo what to do ....I'm going to fook this up ain't I
c8ec8f3bd23509972503fcdbb6f1d85a.jpg
It's still reading the memory, so the hard drive is fine I'd say, go into advanced and see if there's any more references to HDD/SSD.

No, nothing there. I've had hard drive problems before though and the BIOS won't even read that the hard drive is there, should be simple to transfer all your files etc to another computer and wipe that one, before reinstalling Windows.

Last edited:
No, nothing there. I've had hard drives before though and the BIOS won't even read that the hard drive is there, should be simple to transfer all your files etc to another computer and wipe that one, before reinstalling Windows.
Cheers mate. Appreciate the help. I'll power it off and give it to a geek to sort it for me. Thanks again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.